Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rihga royal

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Jackiesmithh

Registered
18 Dec 2016
hi there

I will be in kyoto in april and most hotels are sold out. Kindly please advise which one of these two hotels you vote for based good location and quality of their service

1. Rihga royal

2. Kyoto tokyu

Thank you very much

More power to you bro if you have the $$$ to stay a night at these hotels ... If its your first time in Japan i say stay at Capsule Ryokan Kyoto cause its like experiencing living in a small apartment and it was like $65 a night. I'm not cheap but I made sure while visiting Japan I only spend no more than $70 a night. Reason why, I only use my hotel room to sleep. I didn't return until the last train stop. if I did get return early I would go hang out by myself until 12am or 1 am and I was up by 5am to head out.

but if I had to pick one off your list I would pick Rihga Royal

if you're getting stuck with these options because of availability (and not because you have unlimited budget), you can check out options on airbnb as well.

And when you book on AirBNB, expect the accommodation to be cancelled at the last minute because most are illegal rentals. Like many places around the world, AirBNB is not a good option.

What are your exact dates in Kyoto? I might be able to suggest some alternatives as I book a lot of hotels for my day job, including in Kyoto in peak cherry season.

And when you book on AirBNB, expect the accommodation to be cancelled at the last minute because most are illegal rentals. Like many places around the world, AirBNB is not a good option.

What are your exact dates in Kyoto? I might be able to suggest some alternatives as I book a lot of hotels for my day job, including in Kyoto in peak cherry season.

Exact dates april 1-5

Ok, you have a weekend in the absolute highest tourist season in one of the most popular destinations in Japan (and five days). Your choices are severely limited - so either stay in Nagoya and take the 40 minute train, or pay the going rate. A quick search:
MyStays Shijo: I use this hotel quite often. Reasonable location and comfort level. A bit business hotel, and I don't eat in the hotel. I have six rooms booked there the following weekend because I couldn't get extra at my first choice location (the Century) which I booked months ago.
Tokyu Hotel: I think it is a slightly unusual location, but there is a shuttle to the station and I use this chain in other cities, so should be ok
Hotel Brighton: I see others recommending this hotel, but I do not have personal experience of this one.
The other hotel that came up was the Mitsui Garden. I used one of their properties in Sendai and it was ok, but I had feedback about the property in Tokyo (Ueno) that it wasn't really good enough (I had done a booking for someone as a favour), so I can't recommend that.

Back
Top Bottom