What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Cheap places to stay in Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto/Hiroshima

Windy

先輩
Reaction score
Sorry Mad, didn't mean to stomp on your sensitivities.
But I think you read it entirely wrong.

I didn't say every person is an alcoholic. Nor did I mention desperation. A 4L bottle of Shochu would go over very well in a lot of social situations with large groups of people. I suppose you could bring food too / instead. Or hand over cash. That is not the message I would personally want to convey, however. My point with the booze was that you are not, in fact, being judgemental, and you are there to honestly enjoy some new company, maybe make a new friend or two, and learn and exchange through conversation.
So I forgive your bad mood.
And if you're in the neighborhood, come and visit me. and we can talk. and no, a bottle isn't necessary. Although I am an alcoholic :)

mad pierrot

I jump to conclusions
Reaction score
I didn't say every person is an alcoholic. Nor did I mention desperation. A 4L bottle of Shochu would go over very well in a lot of social situations with large groups of people. I suppose you could bring food too / instead. Or hand over cash. That is not the message I would personally want to convey, however. My point with the booze was that you are not, in fact, being judgemental, and you are there to honestly enjoy some new company, maybe make a new friend or two, and learn and exchange through conversation.
So I forgive your bad mood.

Thanks for your patience! Looking back, I see I over reacted and was trying to read waaaaay to deep into things. Gomen, ne? I'm particularly touchy on the subject; I know far too many people who are ignorant about it. It happens to be a sore spot for me.

And if you're in the neighborhood, come and visit me. and we can talk. and no, a bottle isn't necessary. Although I am an alcoholic

Hey man, no problem! Although I never drink (water), I'll bring a bottle of the good stuff and we talk it over.

😌 :sorry:

budd

先輩
Reaction score
i still think peoples is a wuss
then again after spending nights sleeping on a toilet cause of no knowledge how to get a room, anything that doesn't involve deportation sounds good
different strokes move the world yes it does

Reaction score
We are 20 mins from Namba and 15 mins from Nara. I don't think we are the cheapest but I hope that we can't be beat in terms of service/cleanliness and hospitality..

Top Bottom