What's new

What kind of form of government rules over japan?

nikki_the_insane

Ramen Lover :3
31 Oct 2003
I'm doing this report in geography where we create an island that is of the coast of another and mine is on Japan. Well, we have to list what type of government our island has and it needs to be based off of our country. Yet I haven't been able to find a place that will tell me a basic summary of the type of government that Japan has, so if you could help me out it will be much appreciated. :)

From the CIA Worldfact Book

"constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary government"

Also check here

There is tons of great info on the Net. Try entering - parlimentary government Japan - in your favorite search engine.

Good Luck!

one other question. What's the difference between japan's government and the united states. I know japan has a monarchy but I'm not quite sure on the part with the parliamentary government.

Well, Japan's current government and Constitution was based from the United States' system, with some variations for the Japanese people. A good place to find the Japanese Constitution is here.

Run some searches for the definition of a federal republic (US) and parliamentary government (Japan).

If you have trouble, let us know - where would be the fun if we just told you the answer? :)

Bump !!

A lot of good info in the links here; most still work for me. Anything new to add here since 2004?

Uncle Frank

:)

Back
Top Bottom