What's new

What is a profile infraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh ? Twisted is still involved ? Aren't there only 2 now ? If this doesn't get me an infraction, I give up. :eek: :p

Sorry my mistake...😌

I missed this part... What have happened to Twisted??☝

This has nothing to do with your profile. It is when an admin or mod give you an infraction by clicking first on your name (accessding your profile), then clicking on "give infraction" rather than on "give infraction" directly from the problematic post.
So uhmmm...these doesn't need to be taken serious then these infractions? :p

I got an infraction for trying to help the forum

I'm not really peeved about it cos i know i went about it the wrong way

But i thought an infraction for trying to help was a bit rough

I wont be doing anything to help this forum out in the near future i feel unapreshiated and hurt

The funny thing is i did what i did to prevent other members from getting hurt

When i realised i had posted in so many threads i felt terrible but thought its OK i will just report my own post and ask the posts to be deleted

I expected one of the Mods and Admins to say hey look thanks but you kinda bloopered blah blah blah

Not an infraction when i looked in my profile i was amazed

So much for community

Guess what i try and help and i'm the bad guy

i just wanted to get it off my chest how i felt insulted

hey look thanks but you kinda bloopered. i wouldnt worry about it too much miki, yours was a warning. besides other members have done the same thing before.

^^ i'm not mad over it just upset

I just thought it was rotten being punished for trying to help

lol i did blooper

Thankyou for being understanding that i was just trying to protect the forum and its members

I'll get over it ^^

I guess in a way it was like chasing the criminal instead of calling the cops ^^

I didn't mind you know someone saying hey next time dial 999

It's just the infraction was like well getting branded

But it doesn't matter water under the bridge ^^

It just shows you are a part of the JREF family miki !

My first week, I got in trouble for using an avatar that showed my gun, badge, and handcuffs from my police days. It seems at that time a "GUN" picture was not "family orientated" and I had to remove it. If you stay on JREF long enough, you get "nailed" for something. I guess it shows someone is paying attention to you at least. The old saying "Don't let the bastards grind you down" seems to apply here if you want to stick around a while. Try and remember the "pleasant" moments and forget the unpleasant ones, hopefully they will be few and far between.

Uncle Frank

:)

O___O woah Miki, that's harsh! *pats* :eek: It might've been kinda... well, a blooper as you so poetically put it, but anyone with half a brain could see you were only trying to help. A friendly pm saying "hold your horses, we go about things differently here" could have done the trick imo.

Frank, I fully expect you to get an infraction for using an avatar that glamorises pedophilia. :cautious: :D :D

I'll probably get one now for this post... O_O... *looks around shiftily* :cry:

^^ Thanks Uncle Frank Thanks Kinsao^^

It just really upset me that i would be punished for trying to help even if i did blooper

i have a lot of fun on this forum and have made friends i guess that is why i was so feroucious in protecting it ^^

Frank, I fully expect you to get an infraction for using an avatar that glamorises pedophilia. :cautious: :D :D

:cry:

With chat being down, I have been spending my time collecting more animated avatars. Trying to hit the 2000 mark with my collection. I have about 50 XXX rated ones I will use when I decide to get banned. If I post them fast enough, I'll get all 50 up before they hit the "ban for life" button, LOL.

Uncle Frank

😊

miki...no offense, but when the idea was proposed to post as many times as you could to push offensive posts out of the window, it was a poorly thought idea. The bad posts will still show when you search new posts.

I personally was really put off when I saw all of your posts yesterday. It doesn't make the bad ones disappear...only the mods and admins can do that!

When the idea was thought up it was i thought a comunity thing but i got lumped

Still i took it upon my self so it is my fault

*sigh* I wont do it again i wouldn't

I'm not offended just confused to some hostilty i have encountered perticuly in private message

I feel like i was the one posting all the nasty stuff

I'm actully kinda speechless which is a big thing for me

Again i apologize for any incoveneonce or offence i coursed to anybody i know i was a pain in the butt

This is all kinda throuth the looking glass for me

I really just wanna forget about it now ^^

miki...no offense, but when the idea was proposed to post as many times as you could to push offensive posts out of the window, it was a poorly thought idea. The bad posts will still show when you search new posts.
I don't even look at specific forums, just the new posts, so a whole bunch of blank posts just would have given me an extra page-full of threads to distract me from the actual ones.

In miki's defense, there was a thread recently, started by Mars Man, I believe, in which miki's strategy for dealing with spammers was encouraged and I think agreed upon by several JREFers. So it's not just her.

I think it would have been better to actually reply to the threads, though, rather than just declare that someone bad is online. It's not so much the number of posts you made, miki, it's the fact that they didn't add to the threads you posted in. Many people look forward to reading new posts and see what others have to say in the topics that interest them. When they open a thread to find that the lastest post is not even marginally related to the topic, some of them get a little peeved.

Don't worry about it too much. Chalk it up as a learning experience. Next time you can look for a different to deal with spammers. Personally, I reported one of the bad threads, and then notified a staff member who I just happened to notice was online elsewhere.

Yea i reported it twice hmmm ^^ actully i now have an intrest in vegetarion Sushi so it wasn't all bad and baseball

I wasn't thinking about anything else this mourning than trying to help

I understand how people feel and now feel worse coz i think i disapointed them

It's just i can't help but feel peeved at the fact that i was trying to help and people are angry at me

It just seems it is OK for some guy to post threads about rape and beheading which he posted inside many of the exsisting threads and no one bats an eyelid

But i get poked with devil forks

I'm afraid all this has been a bitter and disapointing learning exsperionce

And i don't see the need for hostile PM's either that is just nasty and selfish

But i was in the wrong and for that i'm very sorry

thanks everybody who has been understanding ^^

But on an upote i'm gonna look for Vege sushi recipe books lol

I also acted to shove the offensive posts down the other day after sending a "bad post" message to the mods. But I didn't get an infraction. I noticed that the posts I made were deleted.

Miki, you got an infraction for trying to help?! I would expect a "thank-you" would have been more appropriate.

It is not her fault, I seem to recall a moderator making the suggestion. So much for teamwork.

I guess in the future we'll just have to ignore the smutty material and let the moderators deal with it in their own way.

Last edited:
Armand it wasn't a moderator, I believe it was MarsMan. I'm not upset that she did it, nor do I think she deserved an infraction (even though her posts were spam). I just don't see where the actions make anything better. The offending posts are still there, and actually by posting in the same thread, they are still highly visable.

If anything, she should have posted in different threads, but the offensive posts would have still shown up on a recent post search.

The infraction was not really appropriate, it didn't stack any points though...but anyways...

The old saying "Don't let the bastards grind you down" seems to apply here if you want to stick around a while.

I like to say, "Don't allow yourself to be defined by the smallness of others."

Miki's situation reminds me of one of those cute humorous office signs I saw saw a few years ago. The caption under the picture said, "When you're up to your a$$ in alligators it's hard to remember you came to clean out the swamp."

I too attempted to bump the offending threads off the front page(by posting in different threads). I did not recieve an infraction. But I also tried to make make my posts relevant to the thread I was bumping as opposed to just saying "I'm just bumping this cause there's a bad person online.". And I also gave up after awhile and just used the report feature because it was clear after 2 or 3 attempts the whole bumping thing wasn't going to work. :sick:

Still, I don't think Miki should have recieved an infraction.

Miki, you got an infraction for trying to help?! I would expect a "thank-you" would have been more appropriate.

Miki posted more than 10x the same message in threads that had nothing to do with moderation or reporting spammer. This is spam in itself, so I gave a friendly (no penalty point) warning for the numerous offtopics.

"When you're up to your a$$ in alligators it's hard to remember you came to clean out the swamp."

I seem to remember a former president from California making good use out that saying (except he used "armpits").

Okay, so we shouldn't make posts to block the offensive posts from the front page (thanks CC1 for clearing up who made the suggestion). What, if anything, should us responsible members do? I also remember a moderator (or someone) complaining about getting too many "bad post" notices.

The bad post notice is about all you can do...then hope that a mod is around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom