What's new

A few modifications : vertical user info + new profile fields

Maciamo

先輩
17 Jul 2002
Hi all,

I have changed back the presentation of the member info for each posts. They are now shown on the left rather than the top. How do you like it ?

I have also added a few new custom fields in the user profile. Please add or modify the info necessary. From now on, you can also search any of the profile's fields for other members.

I like this better, I believe. It seems you can see the user's info better when it's on the left. 👍

Hum...i like it better like this but the signature seems to take more place than the message itself...

GOT MY VOTE, LOOKS GOOD !!!

I have to admit, SOME sigs are very big & eye catching!
Not that I want any regs on them to change; just seems they over power the post themselves.

Frank

👍

yuh its cool, i had grown to like the other layout but this ones good.
would there be a way to stick the sig to the bottom of the post?

Nice! Maybe for the sig, how about separating the "post" and the "sig" and aligning the sig on the bottom while keeping the post on the top?

Frank D. White said:
I have to admit, SOME sigs are very big & eye catching!

If anybody doesn't want to see the signatures, it is possible to disable them (and the avatars or attachments) in the User CP > Options, among many other options.

Keiichi said:
Nice! Maybe for the sig, how about separating the "post" and the "sig" and aligning the sig on the bottom while keeping the post on the top?

Good idea ! 'll se what I can do.

Index said:
It says native language-what if you are native level in more than one language?

You can choose up to 2 languages. But you should choose only those you were brought up with as a child, even if you managed to reach a native level in another language before. So if your parents had different mother tongues and spoken their respective language to you, or you moved from one country to another when you were about 5-7 years old, you can choose those two.

Danish can't be chosen in the drop-down menu... ☝ So, I chose "English and Japanese" instead.

To be realistic, I am trilingual, since I am half Japanese/Danish, grew up in Japan (learnt Japanese and English since I was born), went to an international school in Yokohama where English was spoken.

When I was little, I spoke Japanese with my mother, and English with my dad in Japan.
Danish became my third language when I was around 6 years of age....And I consider Danish as my native language now since I speak it everyday and think "Danish" today....(although it is not originally my mother tongue)....sounds confusing?

Back
Top Bottom