What's new

What is a Japanese Traditional New Year's Eve meal šŸ²šŸ„¢Culture 16

JapaneseLily

å¾Œč¼©
13 Nov 2021
Let's learn about the most common Japanese Traditional New Year's Eve meal šŸ²šŸ„¢
Japanese New Year's Eve is all about one thing: SOBA.

These Japanese traditional noodles are made of buckwheat and usually eaten on this special night.

In this video we'll talk about the most common questions about osoba: What are soba noodles made of? Is Japanese Soba healthy? Why do Japanese eat Soba on New Year's Eve? and much more!

SOBA is the tradition but if you donĀ“t like SOBA or if you have allergy with soba, then I think itĀ“s OK to eat udon instead

Here's our serving of å¹“č¶Šć—č•Žéŗ¦:

toshikoshi-soba.jpg

How nice ! Thomas, do you live in Japan ? I thought you lived in the USA ( I donĀ“t know why)

Yes, itĀ“s true. 8 hours advanced in Japan than in Spain
I really wish you a Happy New YearšŸ’–

We had curry udon but the thinner type of udon, similar to soba. (My wife doesn't like soba.) Anyway hopefully the long noodles will give us long life. :)

Here's today's osechi (we had them for lunch and dinner, with lasagna in between). šŸ˜š

View attachment 84276View attachment 84281
View attachment 84278View attachment 84277View attachment 84280View attachment 84279So
so gorgeous! I guess you are celebrating New Year so wonderfully in Japan ! And Lasagna in between is a great idea!

Maybe I did't reply in a right way just now
So gorgeous and I can see you are celebrating really great a New Year in Japan.
Lasagne in between is a good idea so as not to get bored with OSECHI for a few days.
Thank you very much to show us your private meal here.
ę–°å¹“ę˜Žć‘ć¾ć—ć¦ćŠć‚ć§ćØć†ć”ć–ć„ć¾ć™ć€‚
ä»Šå¹“ć‚‚ć‚ˆć‚ć—ććŠé”˜ć„ć„ćŸć—ć¾ć™

Back
Top Bottom