What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

What in heavens name is this good for?

Ewok85

先輩
Reaction score
Real Estate Term of the Day: "Steering"

I half get what you are saying, but an explanation would clear it up. I'm not thinking too straight today...

Yahoo! Japan is huge, I would say it is the most popular part of the Yahoo group with the huge success of its Auction and Messenger use, mainly because of the level of localisation that exists. While Ebay, Paypal and the sort are very successful world-wide Yahoo is far preferred because it is focused for Japanese people. In a similar way Amazon correctly chose to split its Japanese page and it is focused on catering to the Japanese (items from the parent site are not always available on the Japanese page and vice versa).

Mainly I mean this in the way that money is handled (primarily COD or bank transfers), being completely Japanese language based and extremely well supported in Japan.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
I half get what you are saying, but an explanation would clear it up. I'm not thinking too straight today...

I mean that it's no coincidence that there are so many foreigners in your building. Real estate agents "steer" certain types of people to certain places, avoiding even telling them about some other places.

Some of them are even a bit open about it.

RockLee

Hullu
Reaction score
I mean that it's no coincidence that there are so many foreigners in your building. Real estate agents "steer" certain types of people to certain places, avoiding even telling them about some other places.
Some of them are even a bit open about it.
Kind of like "dumping" the foreigners together, cause they might have diseases or harm other Japanese people. Japanese stereotypes are imho even worse than American or European for that matter ☝

caster51

Sempai
Reaction score

pipokun

先輩
Reaction score
eBay would seem to be the most popular auction site in the world.
But I highly doubt all Britons or Canadians are satisfied with US sellers.

Seller will not ship internationally
Even you find the message above in the 99% items in Yahoo Auction, just send them a message in Japanese. The puzzled seller would ask for a help in 2ch or Yahoo forum, then he/she may get satisfied with the transaction.

Top Bottom