What's new

What happened to the flag of my country?

Maciamo said:
How could we really tell ? Hasn't the EU grown up during the Cold War ? Yet old foes are now EU members too. Maybe it's difficult for an American to grasp that the Cold War wasn't so "cold", when they lived so far away from the capitalist-communsit border (the Iron Curtain).

You never lived through the "duck and cover" days like some of us American geezers did. I am old enough, ahem, to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis as it was happening.

Maciamo said:
If Thomas agrees, I am in favour of restoring all the flags we had and adding new ones too. I also like accuracy. I like flags in general (not just mine :eek: ) and I think that having regional/state flags too would be a good way to learn about new flags as well.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I have a bad cold and try to avoid my PC ATM. :atchoo:

I fully agree to the above suggestion.

Since you two agree then... it is settled. Now when are we going to see the flag's comeback?

My sympathy ...

Maciamo said:
You know I could say the same about states in Belgium. Flanders is Dutch speaking, Wallonia is French and German speaking, Brussels is French and Dutch speakin with English as a kind of lingua franca... Yet, there is only one flag for Belgium. Puerto Rico doesn't even have a parliament. Belgium has 7 (including the EU parliament, otherwise 6).

You have no idea as to just how much I sympathise with anyone who has to suffer seven parliaments!

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停??(

Sensuikan San said:
You have no idea as to just how much I sympathise with anyone who has to suffer seven parliaments!
ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停??(

Yeah, well, people only have 4 at a time (EU, National, Region & Community), depending on where they live. If you live and work in different Regions and Communities, you might end up with 1 or 2 more... 😊 But you can't have all 7 directlt concerning you ! Great ! :D

Btw, I have already restored a few non-sovereign states' flags and I am in the process of adding new ones.

Maciamo said:
Yeah, well, people only have 4 at a time (EU, National, Region & Community), depending on where they live. If you live and work in different Regions and Communities, you might end up with 1 or 2 more... 😊 But you can't have all 7 directlt concerning you ! Great ! :D
Phew!
Glad to see that your surfeit of politicians is not so bad as I thought!
(In Canada I suppose the situation is the same .... I have to put up with a Provincial government as well as a Federal one, similiar to the U.S. and Australian example).
But my other question is ....
"Can I have a British Columbia flag ... ? Pleeeaaase?"😊 😊 😊 🙂
ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

England flag is back?! Oh good! ~goes off to change~

I don't mind that much either way, but... I like to pick the England flag where it's available, because... that's where I live. :p

Sensuikan San said:
(In Canada I suppose the situation is the same .... I have to put up with a Provincial government as well as a Federal one, similiar to the U.S. and Australian example).
Eh, what are you saying. I was only talking about states (with a parliament and laws). There are also provincial and even communal governments in Belgium. So it's really like you have to deal with 4 to 6 parliament and 6 to 8 governments whereever you live. At least you get better chances at a career in politics in Belgium. :D

Will try to add Canadian and US state flags.:p

Back
Top Bottom