What's new

My country is not listed !

attaro

Friend
21 Feb 2009
Hajimimashite

I am new in this forum .I am from Palestine - in the middile east which is occupied by Israel. I didn't find my country in the country list. Can you list it ,please ?
If you can't what country should I choose ?
I find my self rude not to mention my true one.
any help!

Yes i noticed that !
I am shocked !!!
And i saw israel listed !!!
Dont worry the admin is very kind,i belive that they dont know about this problem.
And it should be Palestine instead of israel.

cheers.

Not positive, some info is old ?

As far as I could see using GOOGLE, Palestine is only recognized as a state/country by about 100 countries. It seems the UN and many of the world's countries call Palestine a "territory" and not a recognized state/country. I think Palestine has to agree Israel has a right to exist and stop all attacks against Israel and sign a peace treaty with Israel to have a chance at total world recognition as a seperate country. There is enough info on the internet to read for a month about the issue, but depending on which side wrote the info, there is a LOT of disagreement.
Another problem may be , our JREF admin can not change or add to the country list we have? We use a software package that was made by a company called Jelsoft I think? Hopefully one of our two ADMIN people can answer if it is possible to add "Palestinian Territory" to our list as a compromise? As a lowly moderator, I don't have any official answer for JREF.

Uncle Frank

:?:unsure:

Hazem, Thanks for the comment I appreciate it.

Uncle frank, its ok to put it territory or Palestinian Authority or anything the same for me, actually we don't have a country but we do have our right to be free.
And about the Israeli Palestinian conflicts and war, it's hard to make it here to decide. But I had lost many of my friends and relatives during the last war in Gaza Strip, living under the bombing for 23 days not even a minute for rest. The point is "who should recognize the living of the others?!!"
About the ready made software, I am a software engineer and I can fix the issue with the authority of the administration (by modify the programming).

Darfel , I appreciate your notice, thanks.

Another problem may be , our JREF admin can not change or add to the country list we have? We use a software package that was made by a company called Jelsoft I think? Hopefully one of our two ADMIN people can answer if it is possible to add "Palestinian Territory" to our list as a compromise? As a lowly moderator, I don't have any official answer for JREF.

Uncle Frank

:?:unsure:

Thats most likely it, I'm sure if there was some way to simply add Palestine as a territory or name it 'the territory of Palestine' and add a flag they would have done so already, but I have a feeling as Uncle Frank said the software is standardized to reflect 'official' status only in accordance with UN standards or something.

I think the last time the list was re-done was when Maciamo was still on the forum, hence all the sepeerate listings for UK, Spain, Germany, etc.
What is interesting is that China - Tibet is listed, so I can see no reason why Palestine shouldn't be, as it is more widely recognised as a state than Tibet.

Strange thing is that out of all the countries you think would have extra flags listed the US doesn't have its state flags, only its oversea territories.

I am new in this forum .I am from Palestine - in the middile east which is occupied by Israel. I didn't find my country in the country list. Can you list it ,please ?
If you can't what country should I choose ?
I find my self rude not to mention my true one.
any help!

I have added Palestine, I am not sure why it hadn't been listed (as we had the flag available). My sincere apologies!

Yes i noticed that !
I am shocked !!!
And i saw israel listed !!!
Dont worry the admin is very kind,i belive that they dont know about this problem.
And it should be Palestine instead of israel.
cheers.

It is customary to capitalize the names of countries. For example: Israel.

Hezam said:
but it's very bad to me if i dont see my country listed ^^
I meant it's too bad if my country is not listed like attaro's country.

cheers.

rather than start a new thread, especially for something I think I already know the answer....

is there any upside down US flags in there?
a friend of mine is in the other room talking right now about his drive through Detroit.
miles of empty barred buildings - no people...at all.

or better yet. you ever see that version of the US flag with all the corporate logos in place of the star field. that's how I really see the country I was born in.
do you have that one? That would be the one I'd choose to display if it were available.

I'd ask for a black flag, but the flag is more about the geography of where one resides.
So a black flag wouldn't really tell anyone much about that.

It would be so wonderful if you had the corporate logo flag.

I think that would be a good idea. However, my guess is, 'its not politically correct enough' or something among those lines.
I personally would vote for a Jolly Roger.

Why would it be a good idea? It isn't a real national symbol of the USA. The whole point in showing the flag is to allow other people know where are you writing from.

I see. So we're at the 'its pointless!' discussion again. If Sukotto wishes to have it, it is clear indication that it serves a purpose. Absent any undesired consequences, why should he not have it? And I would love to hear what negative effects it could have.

Other than the fact that it is going to make it difficult for other people to understand where he is writing from, defeating the sole propose of the flag being displayed?

Back
Top Bottom