What's new

What happened to our post numbers?

Just click the little icon under your "Donor" status. :)

userinfo.jpg

He was also making the point that if these numbers are displayed by default, then first-time visitors to the forum will quickly realize that this forum has been operating for quite a long time. If the numbers are hidden by default, then a new visitor is likely to miss that.

No one can claim that we don't listen to our members. ;)

Thanks, everyone!

Not all modifications have been ported over (yet). I'm missing the "Recent Posts" nav link, too.

The 'New Posts' link kinda sorta seems to work the way the old 'Recent Posts' link used to. At least it seems that way to me.

The 'New Posts' link kinda sorta seems to work the way the old 'Recent Posts' link used to. At least it seems that way to me.

That's true. Untoggling the "Unread Posts" tag will display all recent posts.

recent-posts.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and use this thread, as my post is just a matter of wondering, if that is the right choice of vocabulary. (Well, maybe I am buttering up to Ms./Mr. Server and hoping for some little favor from same.)

Or mdchachi.'s thoughts about a mag field are more serious than I was thinking and my mag field left my physical presence and moved to your server about one year ago and so your server decided to pull a really neat stunt to inform me of my situation.

You see, I have the record of a few posts in 2007 and I am very sorry, Ms./Mr. Server for not posting again until 2019, BUT this is really --- well, interesting ...

Trophies awarded to TGI-ECT
10 ++ Apr 15, 2019 ++ First Anniversary ++ You've been registered here for a year, congratulations!
1 ++ Apr 15, 2019 ++ First message! ++ Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.​

Now what I am really interested in figuring out is how Ms./Mr. Server can do that same trick with my aging process? You know, knock off about 10 or 11 years. (That might get rid of the cancer, too, and then I can freak the doctors out and stop my chemotherapy.)

But wasn't it that DeSoto fella that went looking for a fountain of 'Make-Me-Young' water? Or am I forgetting my history? Anyway, JREF may have a "Server of Youth" and we better keep it a secret or things could get very rough around here when the millions (billions) of Net Citizens come storming into this territory.

Oh dear, what have I started.?

I find the server to be deadly. Been here almost 16 years and I now have the body of a 90 year old and the mind of a 3 year old. The server sends me aches and pains each day and seems to give me an over active bladder . I'm hoping as the server is now nearing a space black hole , all these effects will be reversed.

Trophies awarded to TGI-ECT
10 ++ Apr 15, 2019 ++ First Anniversary ++ You've been registered here for a year, congratulations!
1 ++ Apr 15, 2019 ++ First message! ++ Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

Well, since 2007 we have been through multiple upgrades, moved from vBulletin to Xenforo and had more major upgrades when we switched to XF2. I assume that Xenforo picked up from the first time your IP was logged by the new system. So sorry, no Fountain of Youth. (Reminds me of my favourite game, "Colonization" by Sid Meier :) )

Anyhow @TGI-ECT , welcome back!

Pretty outstanding post there, Uncle Frank; but your co-admin there must have failed Con Artist classes at Admin U because he should have rounded out the bad news with some really neat Kasumigaseki-style wording like: No Fountain of Youth, but we do have special plans in that area and will get back to you when we have perfected our plans for deployment of that program and we'll place you at the top of the waiting list.

But the "So sorry." shows hope for when you enroll in our new online Admin U course for just . . . ah wait, I can't find that price list . . . uh oh, I'll get back to you . . . but trust me when I state the course is really a lot less than that course you took in that old building where we all went so many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom