What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

What exactly does ロリコン mean in Japanese?

GenkaiPower

Kouhai
Reaction score
I have heard it means pedophile in japanese and all but in english fandom, the term mainly refers to liking little children/pre or pubescent people. In japan, I was wondering does the term apply to attraction to characters who look/act like adults but said to be younger but in HS like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/890015304771829760/G-Kbb7WS_400x400.jpg like character is 15 but looks and acts like an adult, so would a person who is attracted to that be called a lolicon in japan?

In real life, I saw someone say a 23 year old dating an 18 year old may be called a lolicon or this, so how true is this?

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
In japan, I was wondering does the term apply to attraction to characters who look/act like adults but said to be younger but in HS like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/890015304771829760/G-Kbb7WS_400x400.jpg like character is 15 but looks and acts like an adult, so would a person who is attracted to that be called a lolicon in japan?
No.

In real life, I saw someone say a 23 year old dating an 18 year old may be called a lolicon or this, so how true is this?
It differs depending on the girl.

Did you read my reply to your previous thread, by the way? Any response?

GenkaiPower

Kouhai
Reaction score
No.

It differs depending on the girl.

Did you read my reply to your previous thread, by the way? Any response?
Sorry for being late but thanks for the response
So what would qualify for the term in Japan if its not the image I used?

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Toritoibe,

Is ロリコン a Japanese borrowed word for "Lolita complex"?

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda figured コン was コンプレックス.

Top Bottom