What's new

What does this say?

Nyanko

先輩
6 Feb 2003
I always wonder, when I by foreign language t-shirts just what message I'm broadcasting.

I've attached an image - can anyone tell me if it means anything or if it's just pretty shapes :D

Attachments

• teeshirt.jpg
    teeshirt.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 171
Originally posted by Musashi
I don't have a clue, looks pretty Chinese to me though...
Yeah, me too. Maybe the name of a flower or smiling ear or something in Chinese. :)

Hmm, well, it is obviously a kanji, haha.
I don't know what it means though, but since it is a kanji, it is both Chinese and Japanese.

Originally posted by Ryu
Hmm, well, it is obviously a kanji, haha.
I don't know what it means though, but since it is a kanji, it is both Chinese and Japanese.
Apparently the meaning is something akin to "connection," "contact" or, as an adverb, "together," in Chinese. I actually ended up asking at a Chinese restaurant :D since as far as I know the right radical is only used as part of "saku" in Japanese.

Originally posted by Elizabeth
Apparently the meaning is something akin to "connection," "contact" or, as an adverb, "together," in Chinese. I actually ended up asking at a Chinese restaurant :D since as far as I know the right radical is only used as part of "saku" in Japanese.

Thank you for all your help with this, I wanted to have a rough idea as I know my friends would ask :p

I also was never sure about wearing things when I didn't know what they said 👍

Well the one on the left means 'ear'. Of course combining it with another kanji probably changes the meaning all together :)

Originally posted by StorDuff
Well the one on the left means 'ear'. Of course combining it with another kanji probably changes the meaning all together :)
I think the meaning in Chinese is clear. The one on the right is the Japanese non-radical in bloom (saku). It is bloom (along with bunches of others) in Chinese as well. 😄

Back
Top Bottom