What's new

What do you think of my site's new design ?

Maciamo

先輩
17 Jul 2002
Hi all !

I've been working on improving the design of Maciamo Japan recently. I've only recently started to meddle with Dreamweaver and Flash.

What do you think of these 3 designs for the home page ?

Maciamo Japan

http://maciamo.tripod.com/fr/index.html

http://maciamo.tripod.com/fr/index2.html

The 2 last are in French, but I actually lpan to have a different design for each of the 4 languages of the site.

Does anyone know how to configure a website to identify the visitors's computer's screen resolution. My site was originally designed for 800x600 but I'd like it to adapt automatically to others (1024x768) as well. How can I do that ?

Thanks for your feedback !:p

Nice background pics, Maciamo! :)

Some advice from an amateur:

@ Flash: avoid it like the plague. Apart from specific web applications and games it's one of the most useless web techniques available, most visitors feel bothered by fancy flash intros, especially if there's no link to skip.

@ Compatibility: check your site in as many different browsers as possible (IE, Netcape 4.x, 7.0, Opera, Mozilla, etc.), in particular if you plan to use stylesheets

@ OS: I noticed that you designed your sites on a Mac. Also check your site on Windows systems, as pages are rendered differently (font size, colours, etc.)

One more word on background pics: make sure they don't clash with your page structure and content. If they are too bright and colourful they might affect legibility.

My personal view: the simpler, the better.

As for screen resolution: there are Javascripts that allow you to detect users' settings

=> Dynamic Drive- Search

@ OS: I noticed that you designed your sites on a Mac. Also check your site on Windows systems, as pages are rendered differently (font size, colours, etc.)

What does make you believe that ? It was designed on Windows. Actually, I've never used a Mac of my life.

Thanks for the links to the Javascript codes !

Originally posted by Maciamo
What does make you believe that ? It was designed on Windows. Actually, I've never used a Mac of my life.

Oops, I jumped to the conclusion, because the site title of your pages is "indexmac". :)

Actually, I would like to know how our site looks on Macs.

Great job Maciamo!

Do you ever going to put up some Middle East country pictures?
I love the India pics.

Thomas, i will connect my "iBook" to this site later, and let you know what it looks like.

I think that will look the same as on my other computers since it uses "Internet Explorer".

Cathy

Nice pics indeed Thomas ! That reminds me of the places I've visited myself like Egypt, Israel and Malaysia, but for which I don't have any pictures unfortunately. I don't always feel like snapshooting and that's good better photographers like you (I usually used disposable cameras 😊 ) are there to catch the moment of the perfect sunset. When did you go to Iraq, by the way ?

Thanks Maciamo. I've been to Iraq in 1990. In regard to (ancient) culture and potential sightseeing spots Iraq could easily cope with tourist countries like Egypt, it's really amazing. I don't know what's left, but yesterday I read that they found the famous Nimrud artefacts hidden in the Iraqi National Bank, so not everything is lost.

Good day to you Thomas.

About this site, seen on Mac, Is just the same.

Like i thought, it only run on internet Explore. Even the outlook express is the same.

This site, might be different on operate system on NetScape, but i have no way to know, course in all my computers, i only have Internet Explore.

Thomas,
let me thank you for the beautifull pics of Middle East. You done a really nice job. Lucky you, got to go there.
I am enjoying inmensely this Pictures. It will keep me busy for long time looking on them.

Again: thanks a bunch!!

Best regards,

Cathy

🙂 :) 🙂 :)

I have changed completely my design. I found my inspiration elsewhere, but at least it looks much better now :sorry:

Here it is :

Maciamo Japan

Now that's really a quantum leap, Maciamo! I like it very much: nice colours, clear structures and very user-friendly.

👍

Back
Top Bottom