What's new

Well known/Famous Foreigners that are living in Japan

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Are there any famous/well known foreigeners living in Japan? I am sure they are there, so let's make a list!

Probably the most famous Foreigner was Samurai William Adams, also known in Japanese as Anjin-sama (ヒ?つ針窶罵: anjin, "pilot"; sama, a Japanese social title) and Miura Anjin. We known him from the Shogun book, and Movie/Tvserie with the same name.

One other well known Foreigner is Kjeld Duits, This dutch guy published 2 books about Japan, is a journalist, and does a lot for the dutch communitie in west Japan, and many othere things, have a look on his website :iKjeld.com

So which famous/well known foreigners do you know?

ニ痴ツーニ耽ツーツ・ニ稚ニ停?ーニ停?愴誰ニ停?ケツ。ツ(Frankl Pe'ter)
Famous mathematician from Hungary and he's a street performer, too.
ピーター・フランクル - Wikipedia

I wonder why he calls himself in English way, not Hungarian?
ツ(窶堋ソ窶堙遺?堙昶?堙家地ニ停?愴狸ニ椎?ツーナ津ェ窶堋セ窶堙?稚ニ停?ーニ停?愴誰ニ停?ケツ・ニ馳ツーニ弾ニ停?ケ窶堙??堋キツ。ツ)ツ

ニ痴ツーニ耽ツーツ・ニ稚ニ停?ーニ停?愴誰ニ停?ケツ。ツ(Frankl Pe'ter)
Famous mathematician from Hungary and he's a street performer, too.
ピーター・フランクル - Wikipedia
I wonder why he calls himself in English way, not Hungarian?
ツ(窶堋ソ窶堙遺?堙昶?堙家地ニ停?愴狸ニ椎?ツーナ津ェ窶堋セ窶堙?稚ニ停?ーニ停?愴誰ニ停?ケツ・ニ馳ツーニ弾ニ停?ケ窶堙??堋キツ。ツ)ツ

I saw him at Hiratsuka station in JR Tokaido Line this May. He was dressed in like a pierrot and had a black box with katakana 'ニ痴ツーニ耽ツーツ・ニ稚ニ停?ーニ停?愴誰ニ停?ケ' on it.

I gues the defintion of famous is narrowly defined here. I know some of the earlier names mentioned are famous in context with writings about Japan, but are hardly think most of the other names are household names outside of Japan and perhaps their own native countries.

Unless Michael Jackson, David Beckham, Bill Gates moves here...
Of course when we define famous, we have to define their relative sphere; within that artistic or occupational sphere, locally, regionally, nationally, within that continent region, internationally famous? Hey, I am famous in my own mind (at least according to me)?!

I gues the defintion of famous is narrow here. I know some of the earlier names mentioned are famous in context with writings about Japan, but are hardly think most of the other names are household names outside of Japan and perhaps their own native countries.

Unless Michael Jackson, David Beckham, Bill Gates moves here...

Of course when we define famous, we have to define their sphere, within that artistic or occupational sphere, locally, regionally, nationally, within that continent region, internationally?

Sorryツ my English isn't always good, would Well known be better?

How about me???? I live in Japan, and when I walk into a room I get treated as a Rock Star! At least it seems that way at times....so I would have to list myself here!

How about me???? I live in Japan, and when I walk into a room I get treated as a Rock Star! At least it seems that way at times....so I would have to list myself here!

Are you well known in Japan, or just your own place...

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]BOBBY OLOGUN

A Nigirian k1 figher, who is married with a Japanese women, and also appears on tv. see here Bobby at HEY HEY HEY!

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Many of the leading sumo wrestlers are foreign:

Mongolia:
Asashoryu, Hakuho, Asasekiryu, Kyokushuzan, Kyokutenho, Ama, Tokitenku

South Korea:
Kasugao

Russia:
Hakurozan, Roho

Georgia:
Kokkai

Bulgaria:
Kotooshu

Estonia:
Baruto

😎

Many of the leading sumo wrestlers are foreign:

but i thought topic was about people who were famous among there country before they moved in japan? but maybe those people are, sorry if i made a mistake.
😊

Unfortunately, David's comments on Japanese culture contrasted with American culture seem odd at best. Perhaps the guy has been soaking up too much sultry Japanese air!🙂

I do not know if you can count Yo Hitoto as forigner as her mother is japanese. Her fater is taiwanese and she was born in Taiwan. Anyway I like her - particularly the song: Hanamizuki.

Yo Hitoto - Wikipedia

I do not know if you can count Yo Hitoto as forigner as her mother is japanese. Her fater is taiwanese and she was born in Taiwan. Anyway I like her - particularly the song: Hanamizuki.
Yo Hitoto - Wikipedia

In Fukuoka, I have been to her concert with a friend.
🙂

Today, the person who watched it on TV.
ヒ?最津ゥ窶督シツ人ツ静ュツ「窶佚ヲ3窶ケテ 1窶愿コ窶禿堋」 窶ーテーツ静?
Michael Redmond 窶ケテ」窶冓
GoBase.org - Michael Redmond - Biography

窶卍」ナセz Cho U 窶ケテ」窶冓
Cho U - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom