What's new

USA's army, the warrior song

dsvlee

先輩
18 Mar 2013
A sentence of the song is "From my yin to my yang and my Yang tze."

What do you think about this. As a Chinese, I can not understand this well. Can I believe this as, our USA army can go anywhere we want, including central part of China. Or, all places are mine for the taking.

I am not sure but I think.........

it has to do with old history. In the late 1800's and early 1900's , the US Navy and Marines were stationed in China. I'm guessing that the Army must have been there also. I think it just a way of saying they have served all over the world in the past. I don't think it has anything to do with the world today.

Uncle Frank

:?

was that history famous in America? More than 10 countries stationed in China during that period. Just curious.

History in school did not cover it too deeply.

The two movies about that time period were very popular. There was "The Sand Pebbles" with Steve McQueen and "55 Days at Peking" with Charlton Heston. Most history that I have seen portrays China as being mistreated by the bigger countries and Chinese being looked down upon unfairly back in those times.

Uncle Frank

National ignominy for 100 yrs(from 1840 to 1945) of China, which has always been taught by history lessons in China.

The study of China in my school was limited.

In junior high and high school we had to study the whole world and our own country's history. It did not leave a lot of time to study China. Also , after WWII when China went communist, about all we learned was your country was the enemy who wanted to destroy us like Russia. We learned mostly about the opium trade and Chinese being cheap labor to build the railroads out west. Chinese on TV usually were servants or ran a laundry. Even today , China is often portrayed as a war mongering aggressor, pushing their new found economic power around. Everyday on the news we hear something about a Chinese product containing poison; the latest thing being dog treats. We see stories on the news all most every day about horrible pollution in China and how the elderly are being left to die and high political officials are corrupt. It is all very negative. I'm not sure if the government is behind all the negative info or it's left over hate from years back or just fear of a new rising power fueled by jealousy ? I tend to believe the average people of any country are good.

Uncle Frank

:?

In 1800s, labours from Canton, Hongkong and Macau of China were delivered to Brazil and America as cheep source. That's why most of American chinese speak 3 kinds of Cantonese languages, not Mandarine. This was stopped until Chinese ambassador found these labours' situation bad in late 1800s.In 1840, British attacted China because Chinese government didnot allow westerners send opium to China. It was called first and second opium war. English's trade deficit with China was eliminated by opium in 1840.The Cantonese labor came to America, only wanted to make money and went back to their hometown. They never tried to make families or join local politics, which made American whites thought these Chinese affected their job opportunities. So Geary Act came out in 1882.While in china, Chinese emperor faced three problems:1\Peasants uprising, 2\ Han people of China asked Manchurian giving power back to Han people, 3\ Capitalist revolution. To protect emperor's power, central government of China(controled by Manchurian family), began to sell profit to outcomers. Hongkong, Macau, Ryukyu, Taiwanwere all sold or abandoned during that period. Belonging contries like Korea, Kazakhstan, Afghan,etc were all losed during that period. British attacted Tibetan and tried to force Chinese central govenment agree Tibetan was not part of China but only a belonging country of China. Later, capitalist revolution succeeded. War lords in China began to fight with each other. Many local governments found supporters like your government to get support. More benefit of China losed to westerners and Russia during that time. North mongolian declared independence. Russian took million sq km lands of Manchuria from China. And your country send your fleets to China. Then WWII came. Warlords of different races(Musilim, Mongolian, Tibetan, Miao, Manchurian and Han) in China began to reunit. 30 million of Chinese died during that time. Chinese was supported by Germany first, and then supported by America to fight with Japan.

1950s, American and UN army came to Korea. But they didnot stop at 38 degrees NL. American wanted the whole Korea. In history Chinese governt had help Korean to resist invasion many times. So this time, when NK leader asked, New government of China sent army into Korea either. Chinese did this not because they were communist, they did this because every legal central government would protect countries around.

Vietnam war. CCP also declared if American went across 17 degrees NL, China would formally joined the war. Before this, China had sent 30thounsands of technicians into North vietnam to help fighting with Amercian.

In 1963, Chinese defeated India easily, which made SU feeling angry. With other reasons, SU and China put millions army along the border line between. 1969, SU and China fought with each other in less than 1000 scale war 2 times. SU also wanted nucleared China after 1960s, which forced Chinese to negothiate with American. In 1972, Nixon came to China. 1979, Chinese leader went to USA.
1978, SU began to support vietnam. 1979 China fought with vietnam. The only thing chinese army did in Vietnam, was trying to destroy all the millitary facillities built by Chinese. China began to have a bad relationship with other coummunist countries.

China's communist is not like that of RU.

Both of the two countries history lessons telled the truth.

But I think you are dividing world too simple with Communist or not communist(or democracy ,not democracy). Our Chinese know American's game. In history, Chinese used the Chinese word of"Chinese" as a culture sign to tell others "Chinese means developed and civilized". So although there are so many kinds of Chinese, but we are Chinese now.
Your country are doing same thing here. So many contries became American's democray style. Only means your culture is powerful, doesnt mean you are on the right way of human future.

Back
Top Bottom