What's new

USA the biggest threat to world peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I believe that the America is a greatest threat to world peace. I always saw America on assault for one reason or the other reason.The up going war under the name of war on terrorism is the example to prove my point.

It is difficult to understand why USA is at war. I thought it was to catch bin Laden yet bin Laden is a free man in Pakistan in a country which is run by a millitary dictator sponsored by USA. Musharraf btw over threw a democratic elected government.

Buttho got assasinated recently. US is also responsible here. US is interferring with internal Pakistani affairs which polarizes the people in Pakistan.

Doc said:
Afghanistan and Iraq were failures? Excuse me, but neither war is over with yet. Come back to me in 30 years, and then we'll discuss why they were failures or not.

Afghanistan was a failure back in the 70's despite the fact that the Soviets had to high-tail it out of there. The reason I say this is because your own Taliban, the people the US installed afterwards and were, up until recently, in bed with regarding oil development, (or may still be in bed with, who knows what level of orchestration and collusion takes place in order to keep the oil flowing) are now your main enemies in the region. Opium production hasn't ceased, drugs are flowing into America, in all but a few small areas my understanding is that most of the advances made immediately after the 'liberation' of Afghanistan re: status of women, lack of education, alleviating strict fundamentalist Islamic rule, etc., all these problems have gradually crept back into the daily lives of the people of Afghanistan. Now NATO countries are there trying to clean up the mess and keep the peace. If any progress is made it won't be from the military intervention there by the US following 9/11, it will be from the efforts of the international community to send aid and peace-keepers there.

If by success you're referring to the security of the pipeline, infrastructure rebuilding contracts to Haliburton, keeping the modern industrial warfare machine running, and the cat-and-mouse game of oil procurement vs. Russia, yes you are ultimately succeeding.

World Wide Military Expenditures

*Here's an excerpt from the above link: World Wide Military Expenditures

Country Military expenditures - Dollar figure - Budget Period

United States - $623 billion - FY08 budget
China - $65.0 billion - 2004
Russia - $50.0 billion
France - $45.0 billion - 2005
United Kingdom - $42.8 billion - 2005 est.
Japan - $41.75 billion - 2007

Germany - $35.1 billion - 2003
Italy - $28.2 billion - 2003
South Korea - $21.1 billion - 2003 est.

This might prove to be an interesting editorial as well.Written by Kathy Roth-Douquet who served in the Clinton White House and Department of Defense.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/09/what-is-us-mili.html

Its rather shocking that US can use that much money on the millitary and can't even stop a commercial airliner or catch Bin Laden. Now they are at war and don't even want to tell the reasons to why they are at war. I don't think the US government is that stupid I give them the benefit of the doubt so I think they were a part of this whole scheme. Bush is not a part of it as he is too stupid.

Ron Paul seems to get the right idea. You should not threaten and bomb countries and kill people but rather talk with countries and engage in trade and what not.

Benazir Bhutto's assasination and the riots which is going on in Pakistan. This will be yet one of those Kennedy like conspiracy theories. However it seems by the looks of things that Musharraf will benefit most from this assasination. A millitary dictator sponsored by USA.

Its rather shocking that US can use that much money on the millitary and can't even stop a commercial airliner or catch Bin Laden.

I actually agree with you here, centrajapan. It's also shocking that there are still people in Louisiana and Mississippi who don't have homes after Hurricane Katrina went through 2 years ago. I have a cousin in Mississippi who has just moved into a new house after living in a FEMA (Federal Emergency Aid - not sure if that's the right title) trailer for 2 years. That our government would spend so much money on the military and not for its own people is just disgusting.

this is the human rights the USA claim to protect!!

i always knew that the US had many bad aspects in so many activities it does...
but i was never able to put it in words like you did.
thank you all for strengthening my believe that the US government is the devil :p

The US government is using alot more money on the war in Iraq than fixing the devistating damages from Hurrican Katrina. Their priorities are turned completely upside down. Here is US infesting the Middle East and not taking care of its citizens back home. It is outrageous. While the weapon manufacturers, oil companies. Companies with close ties to the White House is cashing in from the profits of the war. Its sickening.It reeks.

Speaking of FEMA. The FEMA investigation of 9-11 is a nice piece of comedy.

Right after 9-11. The government instead of taking the steel material and investigating it. They cleaned the mess up and shipped the steel away.They destroyed any kind of evidence. There has never been a proper independent investigation of 9-11. None.

On 9-11. You have WTC 1&2. But then there was also WTC 7. It collapsed. And it did not get hit by an airplane.

Company helps 9/11 probe after losing one of its own - 9-11 Research

Look for yourself.

One of the arguments against the conspiracy theory is that if it was a conspiracy theory could not US have fabricated an another lie that they found WMD? Or maybe because US was responsible for 9-11 the US government did not have the guts to pull off yet an another lie being afraid that it would blow their cover up completely.

I am also very apalled that not more president candidates in US are willing to pull the troops out of Iraq. Ron Paul seems to be the only person willing to pull the troops out of Iraq ASAP.

I liked how he said. How would Americans feel if the Chinese started building millitary bases on American soil? Thats what US is doing in Iraq now. They are building permanent millitary bases despite the fact that US invaded a souverign nation based on reasons later to be found out to be false.

There is definitely a disconnect between what many Americans believe and support and the actions of our government. But the government changes every few years, and that time for change is--thankfully--approaching!

I agree that we need to pull out of Iraq. We should never have entered in the first place, or, even if we did, at least not in the way that we did. However, pulling out ASAP after everything that has happened because of US presence probably wouldn't be the best idea, either, as it would be as if we entered, turned everything upside down, and then left a huge mess behind. We need a few months to a year to get our act together and get out of there.

Thankfully, all of the democratic candidates support leaving Iraq, I'm pretty sure. I think many of them want to focus on issues more toward home, too, such as environmental problems, health care, immigration, etc.

Basically what I mean by this is that if the US is currently the biggest threat for world peace (which I do not agree with anyway, because the US is a collection of states which are inhabited by people, and every person has his or her own ideas), then I hope that, with new leadership, that will change.

=)

Last edited:
Afghanistan was a failure back in the 70's despite the fact that the Soviets had to high-tail it out of there. The reason I say this is because your own Taliban, the people the US installed afterwards and were, up until recently, in bed with regarding oil development, (or may still be in bed with, who knows what level of orchestration and collusion takes place in order to keep the oil flowing) are now your main enemies in the region. Opium production hasn't ceased, drugs are flowing into America, in all but a few small areas my understanding is that most of the advances made immediately after the 'liberation' of Afghanistan re: status of women, lack of education, alleviating strict fundamentalist Islamic rule, etc., all these problems have gradually crept back into the daily lives of the people of Afghanistan. Now NATO countries are there trying to clean up the mess and keep the peace. If any progress is made it won't be from the military intervention there by the US following 9/11, it will be from the efforts of the international community to send aid and peace-keepers there.

There is one fatal flaw to your argument: our government hasn't received any of the oil, nor have has it gained any benefit from it. Furthermore, the US wasn't the only ones who were in bed with causing all the problems in Afghanistan. Pakistan was a partner of the Taliban as well, in a goal to eventually have Afghanistan be a part of Taliban. Who knows what would have happened if such actions came to fruition. It isn't just a US mess, its an international community mess as many people had stakes in the game during that time. Only now has it come back and bit everybody in the ***. That is one thing that I think the Western world will never understand, never negotiate with the so called "lesser of two evils", it'll come back to haunt you.

You can't expect aid and peace keepers to do all the work in fixing things. The biggest factor is the will of the people. Considering that it is a cultural and political issue and not a religious one, it will take quite a while before anything is in the positive. I would much rather have a just a stable government in that region than experimental democracies. It is only when the people themselves feel they are ready for such changes should international aid intervene.

this is the human rights the USA claim to protect!!

i always knew that the US had many bad aspects in so many activities it does...
but i was never able to put it in words like you did.
thank you all for strengthening my believe that the US government is the devil :p

Yes, well I find every single government in the Middle East, Western Europe, and the politicians in our Congress collectively to be the devil, so we're even on that one.

I actually agree with you here, centrajapan. It's also shocking that there are still people in Louisiana and Mississippi who don't have homes after Hurricane Katrina went through 2 years ago. I have a cousin in Mississippi who has just moved into a new house after living in a FEMA (Federal Emergency Aid - not sure if that's the right title) trailer for 2 years. That our government would spend so much money on the military and not for its own people is just disgusting.

The federal government is not to blame on the issue rather the state and local governments who where repeatedly warned for fifteen years to do something in case an event like Katrina happened. To think otherwise is foolish. The federal government was never designed and should never be used as a tool to take care of such issues. That is the job of the states and local governments alone. The federal government's job is only to create a legal tender, provide national security, and to keep the county together through political and judicial means. The fact that we think we deserve and expect more only helps feed the monster. You complain that the government doesn't help when it should, yet you complain when it does too much. You can't have it both ways. Which do you prefer: a small federal government, or a massive bureaucracy? Either way, there are consequences to be had, especially in today's world.

There is definitely a disconnect between what many Americans believe and support and the actions of our government. But the government changes every few years, and that time for change is--thankfully--approaching!

I agree that we need to pull out of Iraq. We should never have entered in the first place, or, even if we did, at least not in the way that we did. However, pulling out ASAP after everything that has happened because of US presence probably wouldn't be the best idea, either, as it would be as if we entered, turned everything upside down, and then left a huge mess behind. We need a few months to a year to get our act together and get out of there.

Thankfully, all of the democratic candidates support leaving Iraq, I'm pretty sure. I think many of them want to focus on issues more toward home, too, such as environmental problems, health care, immigration, etc.

Basically what I mean by this is that if the US is currently the biggest threat for world peace (which I do not agree with anyway, because the US is a collection of states which are inhabited by people, and every person has his or her own ideas), then I hope that, with new leadership, that will change.

=)

I hate to break it to you, but there is no difference between the two. Both parties want the American people to abide by their ideas, and both parties will rip the American people off no matter what, whether it be through high taxes, increased spending, etc.

I'd rather have Ron Paul in office than a Democrat. All those progressives want to do is tax the middle class into oblivion to fill their coffers on pork. They are no better than the neo-cons who are selling this country out to China.

Basically what I am getting at is if we are lucky, the best case scenario for the next four years will be the Carter years all over again (and that isn't very rosy either).

-Doc 🙂

Last edited:
Ah, yes. Oil. The reason for why US is not at war with Iraq. It was the WMDs.

Before the U.S. invasion of Iraq, U.S. oil companies were shut out of Iraq's oil industry. Since US has access to Saudi and Kuwait oil there isn't much of a problem but now they want to have access to the Iraq oil fields too.

As Iraq has alot of oil. USA's plan is to privatize as many oil fields as possible and make Iraq open to foreign investment. While many others in Iraq wants to nationalise the oil and keep foreign multi nationals out.

As for Afghanistan. I think the pipe line plays a vital role. Uncoal was the company who came with the plans to build the pipeline from the Caspian Sea through Afghanistan to Pakistan. Though a land locked country Afghanistan becomes important geo politically. The Bush family had stakes in Uncoal but many other countries do support this pipe line not to mention Japan, South Korea.

While I think Taliban is a brutal regime I do not think US really cared about Taliban's human right violations because they after all supported these people at one stage. They say the reason for why US invaded Afghanistan was to catch bin Laden yet now bin Laden is completely out of the picture and US is instead building bases in Afghanistan right by where the pipe line is.

If I was American I'd vote Republican this time because of Ron Paul. I hope he wins but it looks doubtful.

Doc san i agree with your comment about governments in the middle east ...
however these governments control third world countries...incapable of making any bad to humanity in large (except for their people) ...BUT the US can effect every country in the world and cause misfortune to every corner of the earth...
so i guess "the capable devil aka the US is more dangerous to world peace than a retarded devil aka middle eastern governments "

Doc said:
I'd rather have Ron Paul in office than a Democrat.

Whomever you or I support, and whoever wins, I just hope that person is better than our current administration. And that's not to say that some good things haven't happened due to the efforts of those in office right now... it just seems to me that a whole lot of bad has resulted, as well.

Doc san i agree with your comment about governments in the middle east ...
however these governments control third world countries...incapable of making any bad to humanity in large (except for their people) ...BUT the US can effect every country in the world and cause misfortune to every corner of the earth...
so i guess "the capable devil aka the US is more dangerous to world peace than a retarded devil aka middle eastern governments "

So can the EU, China, and Russia on world manipulation. In other words, the US isn't the only capable devil in the world today. As for the retarded devils, they still need to be dealt with for they can cause serious problems in the long term.

-Doc 🙂

Yes but the retarded devils don't really know their place, they think they can fly with their puny wings, but thats not the case, since they haven't a clue about aerial regulations and laws, they tend to go over allies and business partners of the capable devil, and crap on them, they deny it, they say the brown material isn't theirs, but its obvious. They even had a go at the capable devil, but he kicked them in the face, yet they didn't learn a thing.

The federal government is not to blame on the issue rather the state and local governments who where repeatedly warned for fifteen years to do something in case an event like Katrina happened.

I'm sure the state and local governments could also have done more in preparation for something like that, but it still seems that something isn't right when more federal money goes to weapons to kill people instead of in helping people in a disaster.

Actually, that money isn't going toward weapons to kill people, rather it is used on pork barrel projects so some schmuck of a senator can get a new yacht.

-Doc 🙂

i agree all devils should be dealt with...

but who is to decide who will do the job...
the capable devil already took out a retarded devil...seems like it made more havoc to me...

i guess the capable devil should be dealt with first.

Actually, that money isn't going toward weapons to kill people, rather it is used on pork barrel projects so some schmuck of a senator can get a new yacht.
-Doc 🙂

Yeah, that too - a senator is relaxing on his yacht while hundreds of people in Mississippi and Louisiana are living in shelters or trailers. And it's us, the American people, who pay for it with our tax money. Something's not right here ..........

We Need to correct the errors between us,that's what we need now,Not to talk about the Crimes and the past ...

I am sure if we meet each other we will make better than the Stuped Governments....

Arabs hate their Government and Americans hate their Government so we can leave both governments and take togither PPL with PPL ...

I hope to see a good world in the future ...

best wishes
Hezam

Arabs hate their Government and Americans hate their Government so we can leave both governments and take togither PPL with PPL ...
No way, you can't, im training to be a rotten politician if things go well, I need people have them pay for my yacht.

Many people believe that if US leaves Iraq, Iraq will turn into a blood bath far worse than it is today. But I believe the opposite. I think the US presence is what triggers the violence. This is also what Ron Paul is saying. By having a foreign occupation what this does is not to unify people but it has an opposite effect.

How the oil should be distributed should be up to Iraqis to decide. It makes it harder for Iraqis to decide when the country is under occupation.

The American dollar is getting weaker for each day. The American economy is hurting due to all the billions of dollars which are taken from the US tax payer into this stupid war in Iraq. The US government is screwing the Americn people. Impeach Bush. He deserves to get fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom