What's new

Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships

Azarashi

Kouhai
25 Oct 2014
Hello so I m from Latvia (small country i guess you can call it North East Europe) and since it's pointless to hope that i could get any scholarship from Latvian government. I wondered if maybe there is some way Japanese government or some private international scholarship fund could provide me with a scholarship. Maybe sounds like a stupid question but as far i haven't found any scholarship fund that would sponsor Latvian students but yeah since there are only 1,9 Million people in Latvia no wonder no one is bothering to invest in country. Well i probably could save enough money to pay for school but i somewhere read that in Japan as student you can only work for 15 hours a week so i doubt that i could pay for the second year. And i have looked at few Universities in Japan and yeah i would like if i could make it to Tokyo University but it's not like that's it only that and maybe someone could suggest me some other good University. One more question if right now i know hiragana katakana few kanji and words in Japanese could i learn Japanese good enough in 2 years to study efficient enough in Japanese if i learn pretty fast since i already know 3 languages.

Since Latvia has now joined the EU, what you could do is attend a European university for engineering and then apply for the Vulcanus programme. There is (as widely discussed on these forums) also MEXT if you're really set on studying in Japan.

In two years you (or anybody) will not acquire enough language skills to handle university level courses in Japanese. In my opinion, considering both the cost (if you pay your own way this is huge, and you cannot rely on part-time work to fund it) and the long term/your career, you would be much better off getting into the best EU university you can and then looking at Vulcanus or similar shorter-term programs to give you a summer or a year in Japan during or directly after university.

Since Latvia has now joined the EU, what you could do is attend a European university for engineering and then apply for the Vulcanus programme. There is (as widely discussed on these forums) also MEXT if you're really set on studying in Japan.

In two years you (or anybody) will not acquire enough language skills to handle university level courses in Japanese. In my opinion, considering both the cost (if you pay your own way this is huge, and you cannot rely on part-time work to fund it) and the long term/your career, you would be much better off getting into the best EU university you can and then looking at Vulcanus or similar shorter-term programs to give you a summer or a year in Japan during or directly after university.
Thanks again ^^ probably foolish but if someone says that i cant i just go and prove that i can so i appreciate your help but i still gonna try :)
And if i cant which is highly doubt able ^^ i will check some European universities.

Back
Top Bottom