What's new

Ultra-fond Memories of Ultraman!

Flashjeff

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan
28 Dec 2003
Just yesterday, I wandered into a small store in the burbs that sells Japanese anime, manga, toys, snacks, models, movies and whatnot. A pretty neat place. While looking around, my jaw dropped when I saw the unbelievable----ULTRAMAN!!! The original Ultraman on DVD!!!! Words fail to describe the happiness in seeing one of my childhood passions available to me on DVD! There were four volumes with ten episodes each for $15.00 a pop, so I bought all four and rushed home to relive my childhood.

Each disc had an opening menu with direct access to all the episodes, hell, they even had the opening theme song in both English AND Japanese, the latter I had never seen before. I all but squealed like a girl from delight! Suddenly, I was 12 years old again, rushing home from school to watch the adventures of the courageous Science Patrol (Back then, I had a serious case of the hots for Fuji! She was a stone cold babe!) and, of course, the big guy in silver and red as they combatted all those nasty monsters. Now, the production values on the DVD's weren't exactly top notch, the video was scratchy and the audio less than stellar, and, for about a minute on one episode, I even lost that wonderfully wacky English dub I loved so much, but I didn't care! Oh, man! I was in seventh heaven!

I tell ya, gang, it felt great to watch Ultraman again! One of the real classics of Japanese pop culture!
👍

Oh, wow, budd! That was a mondo cool pic! Where did you take it?
👍

oh, that's not mine. i googled it
there are probably some cooler (clearer) ones googling a combination of asakusa in kanji + ultraman in katakana
i got dozens of pictures of that statue though i was so geeked to see him i took pictures of every part except package or crack for real

Back
Top Bottom