What's new

Travel Traveling to Japan

Kevyn Method

Registered
2 Jan 2017
Hi, my name is Kevyn, I am 27 and traveling to Japan from May 9-30. I'm excited as well as nervous to have finally made this decision . This is my first time out of the US and I'm traveling solo, so this is an important step for me, or at least that's how I feel. I am staying in Tokyo, and would like to go to Kyoto and Osaka as well during my stay. I wish to enjoy my stay as much as possible(without being disrespectful), so was wandering how a solo traveler can optimize his stay for 3 weeks? Specific locations or events? Hotspots for travelers? (I am open to meeting new people but canintseem to find the correct resources on the internet.)If anyone has the time to give advice I appreciate it, I just don't want to ruin this opportunity.

hello if youre interested in exploring tokyo, pm me and we can further discuss about it :D

If you are offering a commercial service (instead of friendly advice for free) I think it's fair to forum members you mention it when you reply to their post. Just my opinion.

If you are offering a commercial service (instead of friendly advice for free) I think it's fair to forum members you mention it when you reply to their post. Just my opinion.

oh yeah sorry! First time in this forum here so I'm not familiar how things work here. Advice taken!

Very good choice to avoid Golden Week! :)

While you might be too late for cherry blossom season, you might want to check out shibazakura or wisteria. As for shibazakura, you have several options.
My favorite one is the Fuji Shibazakura Festival, but I also liked the ones at Hitsujiyama Park in Chichibu. Both can be easily done as a day trip from Tokyo.

As for 3 weeks, I think 50% in Tokyo (+ day trips) and 50% in Kansai (e.g. 1 day in Osaka, a few days in Kyoto and a few day trips to Kobe, Himeji, Nara etc.) might be a good balance.

There are several festivals in May.
Maybe you can check out the Kanda Matsuri (May 13-14) in Tokyo or the Aoi Matsuri (May 15) in Kyoto.
If you decide to visit Himeji Castle and want a more local festival experience, I recommend the dragon boat race festival in Aioi called "Aioi Peron Matsuri" (May 27-28).

You're probably already in Japan now and I hope you enjoy your trip to the fullest! ^___^

Maybe you can report back and tell us how it was and where you went in the end.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom