What's new

Help Translation Request, Kanji from Old Photograph & Postcard Album

Flyingace

FlyingAce エースパイロット
Donor
23 Dec 2019
We have an old photo and postcard album which contains kanji.
Here are two image scans. Can you please tell us what this person has written?

DSCN5096a.jpg
DSCN5098 01a.jpg

This is a postcard, we are not sure, may be map of radio stations or shrines.
Please advise.
DSCN5098b.jpg

Thank you in advance, and appreciating all of your efforts,
Reid

Its a post card from the city of Abashiri, in northern Hokkaido, from 1935. The postcard is addressed to Atsushi Akamatsu (other possible readings for Atsushi). I can't quite make out the substance of the handwriting on the back of the post card. It is talking about something in Abashiri. The post card itself is a promotional post card. The building is a hotel, and the background shows travel routes to Abashiri.

Perhaps that's just me, but whenever i hear or read "Abashiri" the first thing that comes to my mind is the (in)famous non-profit "hotel" where guests stay long-term free of charge. That and (the late) Ken-san's face.

Its a post card from the city of Abashiri, in northern Hokkaido, from 1935. The postcard is addressed to Atsushi Akamatsu (other possible readings for Atsushi). I can't quite make out the substance of the handwriting on the back of the post card. It is talking about something in Abashiri. The post card itself is a promotional post card. The building is a hotel, and the background shows travel routes to Abashiri.
Thank you very much for information detailing the postcard.

Thank you, Majestic: The first two inscriptions are not from the front of the postcard, they are from the first 2 pages of the photo album; quite possibly the owner of the album.

Hello - the inscription meaning doesn't change; it just means the photo album was presented to Atsushi Akamatsu. Possibly by a friend, acquaintance of his with the surname of Kan (or another possible reading is "Suga"). I guess the photo album is a memento of the time Akamatsu spent in Abashiri.

贈 赤松淳君 菅
To: AKAMATSU Atsushi-kun (from) Kan/Suga

the inscription meaning doesn't change; it just means the photo album was presented to Atsushi Akamatsu. Possibly by a friend, acquaintance of his with the surname of Kan (or another possible reading is "Suga"). I guess the photo album is a memento of the time Akamatsu spent in Abashiri.

贈 赤松淳君 菅
To: AKAMATSU Atsushi-kun (from) Kan/Suga

Thank you once again, Majestic.

Back
Top Bottom