What's new

Tokyo>Osaka train fare

Illaparatzo-sama

brrrrrrrrrr
20 Dec 2003
Hey everyone~ I'm flying into Osaka on the 19th of next month, going to Tokyo on the 25th and back to Osaka on the 30th, when I leave. I was thinking of just buying a JR pass for a week and paying whatever the individual costs are for the last three days of my trip, but then I realized I have to get back to Osaka, which is going to cost more than a local train ride.
So. Is it more cost efficient to buy a two-week JR pass, or just a one-week and deal with the last three days ride-by-ride? I can't seem to find out how much a trip from Tokyo to Osaka by shinkansen(-Nozomi) would cost me. I hear it's around $100 though, so it would take away any savings I might have had from buying just a one week JR pass.

Anyone have any advice for me, or know approx. how much it is to travel from Tokyo to Osaka? Thanks a bunch. :D

Lydia

I would think that you should use a one-week rail pass for the last week. If you spend some days exploring Osaka you will not need a rail pass for that. Even if you are going to Kyoto it is not so expensive if you take a local train.

Have anice trip!:)

Buy A JRPass You can use it for the JR lines in tokyo and for the hikaru line to osaka. And with it you will save money. Unless you party it up in shibuya after the trains stop. then it's taxi time :(

Fook, 13k yen! It wouldn't make sense to do a one week + expenses, then. A two-week would cost less than all that. I'll go with Han Chan's advice and use the pass for the last week of the trip. Thanks :D

Anyone have any advice for me, or know approx. how much it is to travel from Tokyo to Osaka? Thanks a bunch. :D
Lydia

You can easily check prizes and trains here: HyperDia | 乗換案内 路線検索 時刻表 旅費精算 通勤費 ダイヤ作成なら -> english.

Please notice that seat reservation is not needed in Shinkansen trains if you try your lucky in non-reserved coaches. Seat reservation is normally about half of tikect prize: Tokyo-Osaka by Nozomi shinkansen (+JR Kyoto Line) takes \14250 (ticket \8510 and reserved seat \5740)

Japan Rail Pass is just great. Cheap and easy to use. Seat reservation included, but need visit to ticket office. Notize that with Japan Rail Pass you cant use Nozomi trains (fastest) only Hikaris and Kodomas which are great and very fast as well. Just stopping more in smaller stations.

J

Back
Top Bottom