What's new

The Translation request topic....

I have a different request along with a usual request(Please Choose which ever is easier). This time I have a "Can someone help me type this" in Japanese question. I'm going to ask for help on a Q&A site and I need to know how to express it in Japanese. Here goes:

"I recently purchased (Name of product) and I'm already stuck. I'm sorry if this may be a foolish question to ask here but I am really in a pinch and I need help otherwise I cannot continue on the game. On (Name of game), I am having trouble with figuring out how to solve the ring puzzle. Can you please tell me the correct way to solve that puzzle?

Here's a translation request:(This requests is the reason why I'm going to ask for help in another thread.)

杖には5本のリングがういている…彫られている文字は、失われた文字だ…。 失われた文字は、星を意味している文字だけではないが、リングにはなぜか星を意味する文字ばかり彫られている。確かに『新宿の父』の言う通り、リングはそれぞれ簡独に回るようになっている…と言う事は、回す事を考えて造られた物だという事も、当然考えられる…しかし…組み合わせはたくさんあるぞ…ただ回すだけでは、だめな事は確かだ…今までわかった事で、何か糸口になるような事があればいいのだが…杖…5本のリング…不思議な夢…金髪の美女…金髪の美女が言った言葉…『永遠の美女』…まてよ…金髪の美女が言った言葉…『オフラ・ラファ・ガ・ルウ・トワル・ナジャ…お互いにひきつけられる物…お互いに出会う時、太陽の光は暗くなり、未知なる扉は開かれる。』 お互いにひきつけられる物か…まさか、俺と杖がお互いにひきつけられた…何て事はないだろうな? それとも、杖と玉がお互いにひきつけられている?…どちらにしろ、俺と杖と玉は、今ここにあるわけだが…太陽の光は暗くなり…これは日食を意味していると言われているが…太陽…地球…地球は太陽の周りを回っている…。 いや…太陽を中心と考えれば、まずは…水星が一番近いな… …………。そうか!! わかったぞ!! …遠い古代に、太陽系の惑星の位置がわかっていたとは思えないが…太陽を中心に考えれば…これはやってみる価値がありそうだ…。

I am well aware that I'm asking a lot with that translation request which is why I said please choose which ever is less trouble.

Okay. This time I got a much smaller translation request. I may have asked these befores but I didn't write them down so I'm asking again, so Here goes:

せいぜい、いい指揮を頼むよ。
Context:【新次郎】……いいですよ。この戦いの中で、認めてもらいますから!
【サジータ】フッ……やれるものならぬ。じゃ、戦闘に戻る。せいぜい、いい指揮を頼むよ。

これならいけるぞっ!!
Attempt:The battle starts from here!!
(What would いける usually be translated into anyway?)
Context:【新次郎】よし、いい感じだ! これならいけるぞっ!!
【昴】戦力外……では、ないようだな。

戦力外……では、ないようだな。
Context:(See above)

連携攻撃をする二人が、より信頼し合っていれば
Context:【サジータ】連携攻撃をする二人が、より信頼し合っていれば……とても高い攻撃力が期待できる。
【昴】ただし……連携攻撃をするには、二人の気力値を使うから、注意が必要だ。

My last request didn't scare anyone away did it? Don't worry that was a once in a lifetime like request plus I was desperate to solve something that was based off of that request. It's all been re-solved so I'm back to posting simple questions now so don't worry.

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
せいぜい、いい指揮を頼むよ。
Context:【新次郎】……いいですよ。この戦いの中で、認めてもらいますから!
【サジータ】フッ……やれるものならぬ。じゃ、戦闘に戻る。せいぜい、いい指揮を頼むよ。
Hope you do your best as leader. ("Seizei" is used to suggest negative comment, i.e., the speaker does not have 100% trust.)

これならいけるぞっ!!
Attempt:The battle starts from here!!
(What would いける usually be translated into anyway?)
Context:【新次郎】よし、いい感じだ! これならいけるぞっ!!
【昴】戦力外……では、ないようだな。

戦力外……では、ないようだな。
Context:(See above)
いける:likely to go well; will work; tastes good, etc.
N: Good! Looks good! We'll do OK if it stays this way.
戦力外:Out of commission; off the roster (as in baseball); anything that you don't expect to work or be useful
S: Looks like... it's not out of commission.

連携攻撃をする二人が、より信頼し合っていれば
Context:【サジータ】連携攻撃をする二人が、より信頼し合っていれば……とても高い攻撃力が期待できる。
【昴】ただし……連携攻撃をするには、二人の気力値を使うから、注意が必要だ。
If the two to execute the coordinated attack can (or should) trust each other...

Sorry, Dingo, forgot all about this thread... have been very busy...:p

Epigene, again thanks very much for all the help you've given me up until now. I would like others to lend me their knowledge as well so you wouldn't have to be stuck doing this for all the time. I'm sure it must have gotten a little annoying for you and all......Okay I got a few more requests:

あたし達も早くエリカさんみたいにピンでやりたいよね
Attempt:I would like for us to hurry up and become well known like Erica-san and the others.
The problem:ピン I have no idea how I can translate that into the sentence.

この前なんか、ミイラの化け物が、紐育中にあふれかえったしね。
Context:【新次郎】あの巨大な敵の正体は、わかったんですか?
【サニーサイド】いや、調査中だ。まぁ、あの程度の敵なら、今までも撃退してきてるし……特に驚くこともないだろう。この前なんか、ミイラの化け物が、紐育中にあふれかえったしね。
Attempt:{Shinjiro}: Do we know who that gigantic enemy was?
{Sunnyside}:No, We're currently investigating. Well, Up until now We've managed to repel Enemies of that degree so....It's nothing particularly
to be surprised about.この前なんか、ミイラの化け物が、紐育中にあふれかえったしね。

これから話すことは、すべて公的発言となるから、不利な証言はしなくてもいい
Context:【サジータ】これから話すことは、すべて公的発言となるから、不利な証言はしなくてもいい。そして、あなたには、弁護士を呼ぶ権利がある。さぁ、言い訳があるなら聞くわ。
Attempt:{Sajitta}:これから話すことは、すべて公的発言となるから、不利な証言はしなくてもいい。 And, you have a right to call an attorney. Now, if you have anything to say for yourself then speak.

Attempt:I would like for us to hurry up and become well known like Erica-san and the others.
I believe ピンで refers to an artist/entertainer that has a solo career, or at least performs alone. I don't see anything in the posted sentence about becoming famous, it looks to me like the あたし達も is duo or group that wants to split and go their own ways, like Erica-san.

Anyway, take this for what it is worth for the time being -- you did say something about seeking out other opinions. :p

Elizabeth's right about this. ピン is used to mean top status as musician, not requiring opening or closing acts or joint gigs with other acts.

この前なんか、ミイラの化け物が、紐育中にあふれかえったしね。
紐育 is kanji for New York.
あふれかえった is what you can call "superlative form" of 溢れる. (Note: It's not a correct description, grammar-wise :sorry: ) "Afureru" is to become full and overflow.
Translation: The other time, New York was filled with mummy monsters.

これから話すことは、すべて公的発言となるから、不利な証言はしなくてもいい
This is the Japanese translation for "Miranda rights."
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. [You have the right to be speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense.]
Off-topic: Japanese police do not say this or anything similar in an arrest.

HTH!😅

long time no see and happy new year old topic of mine. I've been busy with some other stuff for the past two months with school and work so I didn't have much time to post any requests on this topic. However that's about to change starting this week, I'm going to start making time. Hopefully there will still be some people here who would be willing to help. Until then!

Okay now I have two simple requests....the first requests in a while here goes:

それが素人の浅はかさというものだ。まさにこちらの思うツボ。
Attempt:That is what is called the thoughtlessness of a novice. まさにこちらの思うツボ。
Context:
【浪馬】オレが某国に雇われた諜報部員だからだ。
【七瀬】……本当に諜報部員なら、自分から身分を明かしたりはしないんじゃないかしら。
【浪馬】ふっふふ。それが素人の浅はかさというものだ。まさにこちらの思うツボ。

どちらかといえば評価していたくらいだわ。
Context:
【浪馬】そうか? なんかすごいバカにされてるような気がしたんだが。
【七瀬】気のせいよ、そんなの。どちらかといえば評価していたくらいだわ。
Problem:(I have a feeling I may have done a typo)

"Omou tsubo" is an idiomatic phrase. It means something like "things are going on as I planned/expected."
You may already know, but 浅はかさ is not necessarily "thoughtlessness." Literally, it means shallow thinking, i.e., lack of depth in thinking/insight.

どちらかといえば評価していたくらいだわ。
"Hyouka" is translated as evaluate, but it is always positive in meaning in Japanese.
Translation: Actually, I/we were thinking you were doing well.

Links to Japanese idiom websites:
くろご式 慣用句辞典
慣用句ページ

Ok I have a simple request along with context. Here they are:

Request:ガキのお遊戯程度に踊れりゃ未熟も熟練もあったもんかよ。
Context:【ロベリア】そういや、お前とエルザとで今度前座を務めるんだって?
【ミキ】は、はい。まだ未熟者ですが……。
【ロベリア】いいって、いいって。第一、エリカのダンスは知ってるだろ? あんなのでもメインが張れるんだ。ガキのお遊戯程度に踊れりゃ未熟も熟練もあったもんかよ。

Request 2:グリシーヌ(Glycline)みたいに上から見てない
Context:【ミキ】そういうの良くないです……決められた役割を放り出したら、必ず誰かに迷惑がかかるんですから。
【ロベリア】言ってくれるじゃないか……。でも、お前のそういう真っすぐさは嫌いじゃないね。エリカみたいにくどくないし、グリシーヌみたいに上から見てない……何か垢抜けない真面目さは悪くないよ。
【ミキ】田舎者ですから……

Long time no see oh topic of mine. Could anyone answer my previous request? I also have one extra simple request to go along with it:

What does "Nantonaku" usually mean when used by it self?

Context:
"What did you hit me for!?"
"Nantonaku"

Long time no see oh topic of mine. Could anyone answer my previous request? I also have one extra simple request to go along with it:

What does "Nantonaku" usually mean when used by it self?

Context:
"What did you hit me for!?"
"Nantonaku"

In this context it means "for no real/particular reason".

I feel like giving my ol topic more life to see if it can still be useful to me, therefore I'm gonna ask a request for the first time in a while. So here it is:

Context:
【浪馬】オレが某国に雇われた諜報部員だからだ。

どちらかといえば評価していたくらいだわ。
Context:
Problem:I have a feeling I may have done a typo)

Yes this is the last big request I made. I'm still a tad bit curious on what exactly they mean.

Onegaishimasu.

まさにこちらの思うツボ。
"You're playing right into my hands."

思う壺 is a set phrase.

どちらかといえば評価していたくらいだわ。
"Either way it I was just assessing (the situation)."

The くらい here I'm suspecting means something like 程度 or ほど, and is meant to sort of make light of the action of assessing. Not sure if I'm right about that though.

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
I feel like giving my ol topic more life to see if it can still be useful to me, therefore I'm gonna ask a request for the first time in a while. So here it is:

Context:
【浪馬】オレが某国に雇われた諜報部員だからだ。

どちらかといえば評価していたくらいだわ。
Context:
Problem:I have a feeling I may have done a typo)

Yes this is the last big request I made. I'm still a tad bit curious on what exactly they mean.

Onegaishimasu.

I think I've done this before... :eek:

After checking my last post I've discovered that I put down the wrong request. Heh oops.:p

HERE is the request I originally meant to post:

Request:ガキのお遊戯程度に踊れりゃ未熟も熟練もあったもんかよ。
Context:【ロベリア】そういや、お前とエルザとで今度前座を務めるんだって?
【ミキ】は、はい。まだ未熟者ですが……。
【ロベリア】いいって、いいって。第一、エリカのダンスは知ってるだろ? あんなのでもメインが張れるんだ 。ガキのお遊戯程度に踊れりゃ未熟も熟練もあったもんかよ。

Request 2:グリシーヌ(Glycline)みたいに上から見てない
Context:【ミキ】そういうの良くないです……決められた役割を放り出したら、必ず誰かに迷惑がかか るんですから。
【ロベリア】言ってくれるじゃないか……。でも、お前のそういう真っすぐさは嫌いじゃないね。エリカみたい にくどくないし、グリシーヌみたいに上から見てない……何か垢抜けない真面目さは悪くないよ。
【ミキ】田舎者ですから……

Sorry about that....

Back
Top Bottom