What's new

The second half of my exam

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
8 Apr 2004
If you have time, would you check my exam, please?

Here's the second half.

問6 下の文章を読んで、設問に答えなさい。 [14点]
We have many problems around us. When the problem is too big, we tend to stop thinking about it and give up. However, if we continue to think about the problem and look at it from a different point of view, we can sometimes find an answer.
Here is a good example. In big cities in Japan it is especially hot in summer. There are many reasons for this. [ A ] Trees ( あ ) an important role in reducing urban warming. They can ( い ) us some shade and lower the temperature. But Japanese cities have ( う ) space for trees to grow because they have so many buildings. Some people thought hard about this problem, then they looked ( え ) a building and found an answer. They thought, "The roof of the building is a flat space!" [C]The people began to plant trees on the top of the building. [ B ] Thanks to the shade of the trees, the temperature in the building went (お). Now we can see many other buildings with trees on them. ( か ) people enjoy talking with their friends and having lunch under the trees.
As you see, changing our point of view is a good way to solve difficult problems. So, (き) can we change our point of view? First, forget about the usual purpose of things, like "roof" in the example. Look at them (く) if for the first time, like a child Second, let your imagination run free. [D]These two things may help you solve a difficult problem someday.

①(あ)~(く)に入る適切な語句を(a)~(d)の中から記号で選びなさい。 [各1点 計8点]
(あ)(a)do (b)make (c)play (d)run
(い)(a)give (b)make (c)play (d)become
(う)(a)many (b)much (c)few (d)little
(え)(a)to (b)for (c)at (d)into
(お)(a)up (b)down (c)in (d)out
(か)(a)any (b)some (c)few (d)little
(き)(a)what (b)where (c)when (d)how
(く)(a)as (b)and (c)though (d)even

My answer:
(あ) (c)play
(い) (a)give
(う) (d)little
(え) (c)at
(お) (b)down
(か) (b)some
(き) (d)how
(く) (a)as

②[A]に「一つの理由は、大都市にあまり多くの木がないからです」の意味になる英文が入るように次の
( )の単語を並べ替えなさい。文頭の文字は大文字にすること。[1点]
( there reason are that one is ) not so many trees in big cities.
My answer: One reason is that there are not so many trees in big cities.

③には「そこは小さな公園のような場所になりました」の意味の英文が入るように、次の( )の単語
を並べ替えなさい。文頭の文字は大文字にすること。[1点]
It ( park like a became a small place ).
My answer: It became a place like a small park.

④下線部[C]の英文を日本語に訳しなさい。[2点]

⑤下線部[D]の2つを日本語で説明しなさい。[各1点 計2点]

問7 下の文章を読んで、設問に答えなさい。 [18点]
When I was a junior high school student, a Japanese girl who ( あ ) from the United States joined my class. She ( い ) Japanese as naturally as we did, and her English really sounded like a native speaker's . One day during a break, I heard her talking to a classmate ( う ) Japanese. From their conversation, I ( え ) out that they had ( お ) in the same Japanese school while they were in the United States. But this other classmate had never said that she was a returnee student. She even spoke English with a Japanese ( か ). Perhaps she was trying not to stand out because Japanese people tend to be unfriendly to people who are ( き ). As the proverb goes in Japan, a tall tree catches much wind.
[A]These days a lot of Japanese students live abroad and come back as returnee students. Many of them ( く ) just because they can speak two languages easily. Some parents ( like their to want be children )these returnee, so they send them to international schools. In reality, however, things are not so simple.
Some returnees say that they are not sure which culture they belong ( け ). ( こ ) say that they have two aspects to their character. When they speak in English, they are open and outgoing, while they are shy when they speak Japanese. [C]Sometimes ( what to hard is tell it ) their true character is. These returnees face many more problems than we can imagine.
In spite of these problems, people who have experienced different languages and cultures are quite open-minded. They are ready to accept new things. [D]There should be many things we can learn from them.

①(あ)~(こ)に入る最も適切なものを一つずつ記号で選びなさい。[10点]
(あ)(a)come back (b)was come back (c)has come back (d)had come back
(い)(a)told (b)said (c)talked (d)spoke
(う)(a)in (b)at (c)by (d)with
(え)(a)knew (b)found (c)watched (d)looked
(お)(a)be (b)is (c)are (d)been
(か)(a)recent (b)decent (c)accent (d)accept
(き)(a)different (b)difference (c)difficult (d)difficulty
(く)(a)envy (b)envies (c)envied (d)are envied
(け)(a)in (b)to (c)at (d)for
(こ)(a)Other (b)The other (c)Others (d)The others

My answer:
(あ)(d) (い)(d) (う)(b) (え)(b) (お)(d) (か)(c) (き)(a) (く)(d) (け)(b)

②下線部[A]を日本語に訳しなさい。 [2点]

③下線部の( )の語を正しい語順に並べ替えなさい。 [2点]

④下線部[C]の( )の語を正しい語順に並び替え、「時には、彼らの本当の性格がどんな性格か言うのが難しいことがある」の意味にしなさい。 [2点]

⑤下線部[D]を日本語に訳しなさい。 [2点]

問8 下の文章を読んで、設問に答えなさい。 [18点]
Language students often ( a ) that they have a memory problem. They worry because they can't remember (g)vocabulary. They think their memory is poor. In fact, the problem is not their memory. The problem is the way they study.
If you want to ( b ) your memory, it's important to understand how [A]it works. There are two kinds of memory: short-term and long-term. All ( c ) goes into your short-term memory first, but it can only stay there for a few minutes. In order to ( d ) something for more than a few minutes, it must move into your long-term memory.
Only some things move into your long-term memory. Which things can move there? Just the things which are interesting or important to you. That's why you remember big events in your life or your favorite sports events. Your long-term memory also keeps things that you worked with seriously. So if you want to remember words, just repeating them doesn't help so much. It doesn't give you any way to find it again in your memory at a later time. But by working with words and using your ( e ), you can make room for the words in your long-term memory.
There are many ways you can do this. You can write sentences with the word. Or you can make a very short story about it. You can also make a picture of the word in your mind. For example, if the word is height, you can think of the tallest person you know and try to guess his height. All of these ( f ) are ways to work with words. They make the meanings of words stronger and move those words into your long-term memory. And that will give you a way to find a word when you need it.

① 上の(a)~(f)の空所にあてはまる単語を下の中から記号で選びなさい。 [6点]
(ア)imagination (イ)remember (ウ)assume (エ)activities (オ)information (カ)improve

②下線部[A]のitは何を指していますか。本文から英語2語で抜き出しなさい。 [2点]

③下線部はどこを指していますか。日本語で答えなさい。 [2点]

④(g)と同じ意味の単語を本文から見つけて書きなさい。 [2点]

⑤次の英文が本文の内容と合っていればT、本文に書いてないか本文の内容と違っていればFを解答欄
に書きなさい。 [各1点 計4点]
(a)Some Information goes into your long-term memory first.
(b)Language students can't remember vocabulary because their memory is poor.
(c)Information that moves into your long-term memory will stay there for a few minutes.
(d)Making a picture in your mind will help remembering vocabulary.

⑥本文の内容にそって、次の質問に英語で答えなさい。 [2点]
How long does information stay in your short-term memory? (Itから始める)

That's all.

Thanks in advance.

Hirashin

問6 You need a period after "like a child".
問6 ③ You need to add "B" (in brackets) to the beginning of the problem.
問7 You need to add "B" (in brackets) to the text (before "Some parents...")
問7 "these returnee" -> "these returnees"
問7 ① The answer to (う) should be (a), not (b).
問7 ① You did not provide an answer for (こ). It should be (c).
問7 ③ You need to add "B" (in brackets) to the problem.
問8 You need to add "B" (in brackets) to the text (before "there")
問8 ③ You need to add "B" (in brackets) to the problem.

Edit: many of my comments refer to a missing "B" in brackets. I now realize that you probably included these in your original text, but the website treated them as a special code, and therefore they are missing. You can ignore my comments about "B".

Last edited:
Thank you very much , joadbrs. I really appreciate your proofreading.. I'm really glad that you are here.

Back
Top Bottom