What's new

the real cost of a baseball game

Goldiegirl

先輩
10 Aug 2006
Wow, I went to a Brewers baseball game last night and had a great time.(they won) :win: I hadn't gone to see a major league baseball game in quite a few years, so when our dear neighbors invited us to join them we jumped on the opportunity. We enjoy our neighbors very much and they wanted to with my husband when he went to his first American major league baseball game. He, by the way, had a really terrific time!

But back to what was shocking. The costs. The tickets were $45.00 a piece and then parking was around $10.00. Do you want a soda, well then get ready to pay $3.75 for a 16oz plastic bottle that you can buy for $1.25 at a convenience store. I was shocked it was actually more than the airport! 😲 I thought nothing could beat airport charges! Then a hot dog, $4.00, a margarita ( I just love 'em) $7.00, a bag of cotton candy was $5.00 and the list goes on. I never expected the prices to be that outrageous, especially as the ticket prices are so high. Is that how all major league sports games priced, in the USA, and other countries? I mean I know the food would be different between the USA and Japan, but in Japan are the prices that high or what about European countries? We certainly didn't hold back as we wanted to savor the night and it was a good time for all of us, but today looking back on what we spent I am not so sure it was worth it.

My goodness it's cheap in the States - go to see a Premier League football game here and those prices would all be the same - but in pounds (e.g. £4 for a hot dog)!!

From memory the prices in Japan were similar to those in America, maybe a little bit more, but not much. But hopefully someone's got more up-to-date info.

Oh a bottle of beer was $6.50. I had to have a beer...

Wow, I wouldn't be going to any football games in England! That's for sure. I am still debating if it was worth it here. I mean I could just turn the tv on and sit on our patio and eat and drink for a lot less....well there is the atmosphere of the stadium which would be hard to duplicate, but the rest of it, I am sure I could, for a fraction of the cost!

Here in Seattle, it's the same deal. Parking here costs an arm and a leg, and a soda is about $3.50. They do the same gouging at amusement parks too...

At Tokyo Dome, the best seats cost about 6,000 yen each.

Food and drinks are well known to be bad and expensive, so most people take their own food.

But they can't avoid buying beer-- which costs 800 yen per cup!!

Margaritas? I wish I can find it easily here in Tokyo!
(Only at nightclubs and Mexican restaurants... :( )

Goldie, you saw that fairly new stadium right?

The team is playing better baseball than ever before and are the owner Mark something or another is now paying something in the neighborhood of $75 Million for the players salaries ok?

The people want a contender to cheer for I assume.

Guess who gets to pay for all of that? Oh and one other thing, I am fairly certain that concession profits are direct income for the team itself. It is one of the ways that teams make money.

And until people 100% stop paying the high prices and quit going to games it will continue as well.

I remember day games at the old County Stadium where you could get in for $1.00. World Series tickets for bleacher seats in 1982, if I remember correctly were $10.00 to $20.00, I got mine for free but just use that to give you an example. And people bitched back then too!

Back
Top Bottom