What's new

The positive things of the Corona virus

Thanks for the sweet sentiment, Uncle Frank. :) I'm sure that she will.

(I'm not exactly young for a first-time parent, and it's a bit scary to think that I'll be 60 when she turns 18. I'll do my best to keep up with her, though. ;))

Thomas, Uncle Frank, mdchachi, Lothor, thank you all for your very kind wishes (and my apologies for not responding sooner). :giggle:
I'm happy to report that Elena has been home with us for a couple weeks now.
She just turned three months last week, and she's getting bigger and more curious and full of energy every day.
She keeps mommy and daddy busy, but it's been more than worth it. :love:

(Sorry for another 親バカ post.)
Congratulations bentenmusume!

(I'm not exactly young for a first-time parent, and it's a bit scary to think that I'll be 60 when she turns 18. I'll do my best to keep up with her, though. ;))

Congrats! Having kids is quite the experience, I hope you find it rewarding as I do but it sure changes every aspect of your life. One advantage of later is you are more "established". I think you will keep up fine.

I get what you mean. My first child (a boy) I will be 61 when he is 18, my second child a daughter I will be 66 when she is 18. That is what is holding us back from considering going back as my wife in particular fears keizoku koyou seido basically getting brought back on a contract with less good conditions after I turn 60 (which is getting closer than I care to think about). I gotta work to feed them after all and the wife is concerned about security. That's been on my mind anyway.

One of my acquantences (whom I would not be at all surprised if you know or at least have heard of) does consulting, he tried coming back here after 30 years in Tokyo and didn't like the whole antimask, Trump stuff and "lack of pride and manners" so he left today to go back. he is 60 and has a new gig lined up, he's in the air now. He is single though. Really good guy.

Back
Top Bottom