What's new

Racist things to foreigners

sabro said:
Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben are products made by huge food conglomerates not at all owned in any large percentage by black people.
Ifeoma didn't say they were owned by blacks. I don't know about Aunt Jemima (actually never heard of it), but Uncle Ben's is said to be named after a black Texas rice grower who produced high quality rice.

I can't imagine they'll ever completely wipe out racism.
I remember that a British (African in origin) man once told me he found it offensive when people assumed he was not British and instead from Africa itself.
A subtle form of racism?

Im all for equality, but sometimes i just smile when i emagine these morale crusaders who are always looking for something to complain about, nmot that i dont disagree with many of his points, i just think, PC is more often then not the tool of the morale superioritist who feel obliged to go about fixing "wrongs".

Funny thing is i never felt offended for those of african decent (something apparently way to common among white folk these days, always feeling offended for black people..) when i watched dragonball z or pokemon.

I guess you can get offended at anything, and feel the offense for anyone not present, if you really want to.

I can understand being appalled by racist/discriminatory behavior directed toward a group of which one is not a member. But I have never understood being taking offense by proxy.

But I have never understood being taking offense by proxy.

By taking offense by proxy, in this day and age when such people are given the time of day, it provides them with a moral high-horse to mount, to make themselves feel good and useful and give them people to look down upon and feel better than.
Of course if you lived in a previous time in history or another country, and started claiming offense at things for another group of people, you would get laughed at, maybe punched in the face for being a noob.

Its somewhat like the germans collective guilt in a way, in that, white peoples used to own slaves, and now, in this day and age of sometimes over the top liberal values, white folk can, by feeling guilty for the actions of their ancestors, can start feeling guilty, they will see something that could be (at least in the guilt ridden mind) considored offensive to any given group or religion, so they activly seek it removed, to redeem themselves in the eyes of what is right.

A good example is of british hospitals once having bibles in the beside table draw or something, when asked, muslims wernt bothered either way of their presence, yet they were removed because despite this, the unfounded guilt of history forced the people in charge of such things to see them removed.

Some peoples of other ethnic groups, though very few, can abuse this apparant guilt, and acheive what they want by pushing the crimes of white folks "grandfathers" onto their modern day counterparts.

As a personal preference, i always seem to feel the urge to slap someone upside the head when they are going totaly beyond reason with runaway PC.

Its an interesting topic of debate really, in a democracy we must find a careful balance between not descriminating, and yet the right to give offense and be offended, freedom of speech if you will.

The problem with PC ultimatly is that, it eventually leads to the same knid of sick twisted utopia that nazi germany wanted, where we are all the same and nothing or nobody offends anyone (or anything) else.

IMHO i defend the right to offend someone (outside of racism and other obviously unfair descrimination) as much as i defend the democratic right to be offended, which, as a white 20 year old male, i am ussually the butt of most of modern PC societies nudges anyway.

*Emagines a society where the only population are people who play the race card and the people who will find offense for a penguin when he see's a penguin falling over in a documentary*

Theres a brand of porrage oats in scotland with a scotsman wearing a kilt, thats stereotypical of all scots, we all dont wear kilts, i am extremely offended and demand the product be removed altogether, and people be denied their scots oats.

And theres characters and images of scots all over the world where we all wear kilts and tartan hats and have red hair and blow bagpipes, ITS EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE!! (dundun duuun!).

Wait....actually it isnt, scots are quiet happy to luagh and take these stereotypes light heartedly.

I agree racism is bad, but when dumb white folk go about feeling the need to feel offense for every other ethnic group, for the slightests non-provecation i have to laugh.

I agree that in asia, theres some good cases for offensive material, but i just think the author of the article is a bit of a div, some folk just use runaway PC to go on a rampage.

I didnt even find Mr Popo offensive, it didnt even occur to me that pokemon thing was meant to be a black woman when i watched it, oddly enough it looked like a wierd creature to me, which is what pokemon are meant to be...

Anyway, racism = bad, over-the-top-PC = moronic.

Back
Top Bottom