What's new

News Ten million yen found at recycling centre

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Cash worth 10 million JPY, or approximately USD 74,000, was found in the garbage at a recycling centre in Sapporo. A worker found wads of 10,000-yen notes while sorting out the trash at the recyclable waste collection facility in Sapporo's Kita Ward. His supervisor reported the finding to the police. I'm sure they have CCTV at the facility. ;)

According to the police, the bills were all 10,000-yen notes and they were unwrapped at the time of discovery. The police station is looking for the owner of the cash, categorized as a "high-value found article." If the rightful owner does not come forward over the three-month period that started 30 January, when the police received the report on the find, the cash will be handed over to the Sapporo Municipal Government, which contracts out the recycling work to the facility. The recycling centre collects magazines and other recyclable waste from households and other places in Sapporo. The case followed a similar incident in the prefecture in 2012, in which 10 million yen in cash was found at a waste disposal facility in the city of Sunagawa. The owner of the cash later came forward.

If it is in bags, we usually have to put our name on the garbage bags. Hopefully there will be some kind of leads. Funny, the wife was just saying the other day, people throw away money because they didn't get along with their kids and leave no will.

A few years ago, I worked with my old car as a taxi in the city, occasionally (just a few hours a week). A few times some of the passengers forgot their expensive mobiles in my automobile. Because I am a righteous and good boy, I waited until they rang and asked where their mobile was.

They rang me disturbed and asked, is their phone with me? I replied, yes, it is. They announced to me their address and asked me to go there. I consumed liters of gasoline, went to the meeting place, and delivered the mobiles to them. They didn't reward me ( I did that due to my humanity and religious task, not for a reward) except a university student who gave me a few chocolates!

At first, I didn't accept the chocolate, but he persisted and said, please sweeten your mouth at least! I inevitably took them and when I was back home, ate the chocolates appetitively! Although I traveled kilometers in the city to deliver the mobiles to their owners, I felt a particular happiness in my heart that was from the satisfaction of God.

Back
Top Bottom