What's new

News South Koreans dislike China more than Japan

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Good news for Japan, I assume.

Over 58 percent of the 1,000 respondents called China "close to evil" while only 4.5 percent said that it was "close to good." Yoon Seok-youl, a conservative politician, on television during a press conference in Seoul in June. He has been openly critical of China. Negative views of China have deepened in other advanced countries as well, but among the 14 nations surveyed last year by Pew Research Center, South Korea was the only one in which younger people held more unfavorable views toward China than previous generations.

"Until now, hating Japan was such a part of Korean national identity that we have a common saying: You know you are a real Korean when you feel hateful toward Japan for no particular reason," said Jeong Han-wool, a chief analyst at Hankook Research. "In our survey, people in their 40s and older still disliked Japan more than China. But those in their 20s and 30s, the generation who will lead South Korea in the coming decades, tipped the scale against China."

With China now having more money than they know what to do with , they are really building their military capability , especially their navy. I think their first big power play will be to take Taiwan back. I am kind of surprised there wasn't more anger towards China for the covid issue.

And they've already started to curry favour with the taliban. Blatant nationalism is the glue that keeps the country and the party together.

I'd like to see the same poll for Japanese regarding their Chinese and Korean neighbours.

The taliban now have captured technology the Russians & Chinese will love to buy and take apart to make their own. One of the devices records retina eye scans & finger prints for positive ID's of US helpers and probably access to the data banks that hold all that info. The latest in night vision devices and special sniper rifles & scopes along with many Blackhawk helicopters and all the classified equipment on board of them. There's a good chance a lot of top secret documents were not destroyed with sensitive names and codes & frequencies used by groups like our Navy SEALS. Supposedly people there , experts on the situation warned higher ups starting around 2 months ago there would be major problems , but they were ignored.

I shouldnt be happy with it but I am lol

Its a surprise btw

I'd like to see the same poll for Japanese regarding their Chinese and Korean neighbours

Id risk to say they hate Chinese more, though as far as I know some far right wing folks there hate Korea more (but I could be wrong)

Let me I write a comment as practicing English after the weeks

China is around a colorful table full of various foods that China set with an exemplary effort and labor during the recent decades. The wonderful development of China in technology and industries and also reaching a great economy and wealth that made it the wealthiest country in the world due to its technological progression and international business provoked the western countries and neighbors!

The basis of the progression of China is founded on a few words, " peace, respect, technology, business"!

China could go up from low engineering and industry to the topmost position of these fields just during a few decades. It began collecting every technological and manufacturing information and secrets and thus created an industrial revolution in this ground, in China. That caused it can develop its goods and industrial production exportation and enter the international markets as a posed member.

China could upgrade the quality of its production day after day with a considerably lower price to the similar western productions. That was the secret of the success of China that the people of the world welcomed Chinese products and preferred to buy a Chinese device instead of the western, Japanese' or south Korean ones!

When a weak and backward country progresses in technology and wealth, it should be cautious about the enmity of other governments (among neighbors), especially the western countries with a long record of technology, industrial manufacturing, and wealth!

Now China is situated in such a position. As far as I see as a witness, The western and their dependent countries, Japan and south Kora are not happy at it, and especially the White House has various propaganda attacks on China often.

whether or not we must believe in this reality that China is going to become the number one land in technology and economy in the world, and I don't think there is something that can stop it in this way.

The character of the president of China is interesting for me. He respects others and smiles!

1078798_878_erfe.jpg

Let me I write a comment as practicing English after the weeks

China is around a colorful table full of various foods that China set with an exemplary effort and labor during the recent decades. The wonderful development of China in technology and industries and also reaching a great economy and wealth that made it the wealthiest country in the world due to its technological progression and international business provoked the western countries and neighbors!

The basis of the progression of China is founded on a few words, " peace, respect, technology, business"!

China could go up from low engineering and industry to the topmost position of these fields just during a few decades. It began collecting every technological and manufacturing information and secrets and thus created an industrial revolution in this ground, in China. That caused it can develop its goods and industrial production exportation and enter the international markets as a posed member.

China could upgrade the quality of its production day after day with a considerably lower price to the similar western productions. That was the secret of the success of China that the people of the world welcomed Chinese products and preferred to buy a Chinese device instead of the western, Japanese' or south Korean ones!

When a weak and backward country progresses in technology and wealth, it should be cautious about the enmity of other governments (among neighbors), especially the western countries with a long record of technology, industrial manufacturing, and wealth!

Now China is situated in such a position. As far as I see as a witness, The western and their dependent countries, Japan and south Kora are not happy at it, and especially the White House has various propaganda attacks on China often.

whether or not we must believe in this reality that China is going to become the number one land in technology and economy in the world, and I don't think there is something that can stop it in this way.

The character of the president of China is interesting for me. He respects others and smiles!

View attachment 47673
Hmm makes sense but I dont think China success is the main reason other countries hate it. A lot is related to Political controversies, one of them being heavy censorship, and brutal attack and silencing against manifests in there.

I think most majority of people of China are not agree with this viewpoint. They are happy with their government and good position of their developed land. Now, they access everything they need.

Mansoor - I think that there is some overlap between judging the quality of a piece of writing and judging the quality of the English, so I'll make a critical point about your writing, though not wishing to do so because I like you and you showed bravery in exposing yourself to criticism by posting your writing.

To write good English, or any language, you need to anticipate the thoughts of the reader. Your failure to address the points that 日本語 Class, and probably everyone else, was thinking in your original post made your writing feel like propaganda, my the final impression was what you chose NOT to talk about.

To improve your writing, you could have added an introductory sentence such as 'But what about their human rights record? I hear you ask.' then discussed your views on that in a final paragraph.

Thank you Lothor for your good advice

Do you mean my response was awkwardly or you critiqued my imperfect English grammar?

If you pointed to my grammar, I will have to confess, yes my English is still crude; and if you did mean the type of my response, my purpose was not to make 日本語 Class or others uneasy. I only expressed what I know about China.

I also add this expression, I wonder why some are so sensitive to China and are nervous about it, as Mr. thomas posed this subject with the title of the news "South Koreans dislike China more than Japan
"?
What has done China that becomes so hateful in the mind of some people of South Korea and Japan?

The reason is this?

fg_zd24.jpg

or this

gh_30n.jpg

Or China follows militarism and has invaded any country?

Many pictures show the president of China has had a lot of meetings with the officials of other countries monthly or annually (in my previous post, you see Shi Ji Ping is greeting the prime minister of India).

I believe China is peaceful wholly and is not a threat to the neighbors or other countries, though it is one of the powers of the world.

I personally feel a little iffy with China. You can keep on believing that China has a good government but did you know that right now Turkish people are facing illegal detainment in China? That many of them are in "work camps," suffering through rampant abuse: torture through electrocution, beatings, rape and s*xual assault? Meanwhile the government does nothing? No? Oh... but he does have a great smile doesn't he....

5ea4c19816ba7e001c154f2f.jpg

Here's Uigher women protesting against forced sterilization in China's camps. See how well that went😐

I didnt know about the Turkey part, thats bad

Thank you Lothor for your good advice

Do you mean my response was awkwardly or you critiqued my imperfect English grammar?

If you pointed to my grammar, I will have to confess, yes my English is still crude; and if you did mean the type of my response, my purpose was not to make 日本語 Class or others uneasy. I only expressed what I know about China.

I also add this expression, I wonder why some are so sensitive to China and are nervous about it, as Mr. thomas posed this subject with the title of the news "South Koreans dislike China more than Japan
"?
What has done China that becomes so hateful in the mind of some people of South Korea and Japan?

The reason is this?

View attachment 47734

or this

View attachment 47735

Or China follows militarism and has invaded any country?

Many pictures show the president of China has had a lot of meetings with the officials of other countries monthly or annually (in my previous post, you see Shi Ji Ping is greeting the prime minister of India).

I believe China is peaceful wholly and is not a threat to the neighbors or other countries, though it is one of the powers of the world.

Overall China is a lot diplomatic and respectful towards other countries, most of the problems nowadays are actually for the citizans that live there

And by the way at least for me I can say all that I wrote is towards the government, its nothing agaisnt Chinese people, culture, history etc
Chinese citizens are actually victims of their government, and shouldnt have to deal with racism some people in other countries have against them

Hi Mansoor,

Thanks for the positive response to my criticism. I was referring to the content rather than the grammar, which I didn't check. In my job of editing English, content problems are a much greater issue than grammar problems, which can easily be corrected. There are lots of well-publicised criticisms of China (as well as its responses to those criticisms), some of which the above posters have mentioned, and most of China's neighbours have disputes of some kind with the country. If you think these criticisms are unfair, then you're free to argue this, but to not bring up any of these issues in an article praising China - and yes, some aspects of China are praiseworthy - is a very obvious omission that greatly reduced the quality of your writing.

As another example, imagine you are writing an article on nuclear power. You're free to argue about its safety in that pollution from nuclear power stations kills far fewer people than the emissions from coal-fired power stations. But not mentioning safety or the Fukushima disaster in your article, knowing full well that many people are concerned about the safety of nuclear power and the disaster, would not be addressing the issue.

Last edited:
I didnt know about the Turkey part, thats bad

Overall China is a lot diplomatic and respectful towards other countries, most of the problems nowadays are actually for the citizans that live there

And by the way at least for me I can say all that I wrote is towards the government, its nothing agaisnt Chinese people, culture, history etc
Chinese citizens are actually victims of their government, and shouldnt have to deal with racism some people in other countries have against them
I agree. All of my problems are the government. Sometimes i feel bad for the people living there.

I echo the sentiments expressed in this thread. I have travelled to China five times and met the most astonishing and kind people. I am interested in Chinese culture and history. And I love Chinese cuisine (in whatever variety). Many of my students were/are Chinese, and they are all most lovely; some of them are even quite critical of their own political leadership. My personal qualms are all related to the comportment of China's political elite and its aggression towards its neighbours and domestic minorities.

@Mansoor, in reply to your question of why the global image of China has so tremendously suffered under its current chairman/president, allow me to add a few Wikipedia links as pointers:

The above is just a selection, and there are many other issues to be listed. These issues, including rising nationalism and a rapid (conventional and nuclear) military build-up, explain the growing global distrust towards China. Unfortunately, photo ops and smiling faces with other political leaders don't mean a lot.

This article is interesting as it gives possible explanations for some of their actions.

The article stresses historical reasons and the need to cope with asymmetrical forces and strategies. Six years later, and I believe China's gone beyond mere deterrence and technological catch-up. What we see in the South China Sea is a military expansion in clear violation of international laws and at the expense of at least five other nations.

The intelligence community feels the major buildup of their military will allow them the muscle to do what they want on the world front and no one including the US will be able to stop them. It's expected some time in the near future , they will move to take back Taiwan and start heavy enforcement of the ocean area they lay claim to. It may even involve sinking of a US Navy vessel or another countries vessel and puffing out their chest and saying "what are you going to do about it." It reminds me of a serious poker game of bluff , are you willing to have a nuke WWIII to stop our aggression ? I hope I don't live long enough to see that. Many of the US allies have lost faith over our present administration's willingness to put up a fight anymore due to the mess in Afghanistan. Most of the info I get comes from retired old war horses , but some from active military people who remain anonymous , so I take it all with a grain of salt as they say.

China has no evil intention to do with others. China submits to the governments that have a good and peaceful dealing with, and don't threaten its security, boundary, and independence. Shi Ji Ping is a logical, humble, and wise man. He is interested has a good relationship with other countries.

But we must not forget, every legal government will have a mutual reaction against outside or inside threatening and harmful plans.

Based on my knowledge and recognition about the government of the world, China has a powerful and developed army and also modern military facilities but it doesn't use them for tension and threats.

As I told you before, China is a business land instead of a military one.

Also, the people of China are good and kind. They love and support their government that took China from a low position to a top stage of development just during a few recent decades. Japanese and south Kora people and governments can have a good and comprehensive dealing with China and benefit this wealthy country through business, instead of showing fruitless adversity to the Chinese government.

China has no evil intention to do with others. China submits to the governments that have a good and peaceful dealing with, and don't threaten its security, boundary, and independence. Shi Ji Ping is a logical, humble, and wise man. He is interested has a good relationship with other countries.

But we must not forget, every legal government will have a mutual reaction against outside or inside threatening and harmful plans.

Based on my knowledge and recognition about the government of the world, China has a powerful and developed army and also modern military facilities but it doesn't use them for tension and threats.

As I told you before, China is a business land instead of a military one.

Also, the people of China are good and kind. They love and support their government that took China from a low position to a top stage of development just during a few recent decades. Japanese and south Kora people and governments can have a good and comprehensive dealing with China and benefit this wealthy country through business, instead of showing fruitless adversity to the Chinese government.
Why are you ignoring the evidence given to you that your opinions are not entirely correct? Did you read any of the links?

I have to remind you when a user writes a comment that is not offensive but is different from other comments, that is not a fault.

Well, some of you expressed your opinions, and I did that too, while the comments were not in an equal direction. I ask, was the ordinary difference a fault or wrong? Do I have to ignore my opinion and confirm every other belief compulsory?

What did I say about China that was the cause of being upset?

I talked about the development of China in recent decades. I opined that the president of China is a good man, and he doesn't tend to militarism and conflict. I also pointed that China has a powerful and modern army (as a warning for avoiding a military engagement). Within the comment, I also recommended America (indirectly) and the neighboring countries have a good business dealing with China instead of a fruitless political quarrel.

Which one of my expressions was baseless and wrong to be the cause of being uneasy?

When Mr. Biden, the president of America takes the USA corp out from Afghanistan, and he says, I do this because I don't want to expose the soul of the American soldiers in danger (of course, he remembers the experience of Vietnam and is worried about a nationwide protest in America), surely, confronting with a powerful country like China that is not a threat for the west or east is more dangerous?

I emphasize this reality that today China is a land similar to Russia, so I recommend the western governments to submit this reality and don't try to resolve anything about China with military threatening.

As I like you, what I wrote was advice, not propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom