What's new

some grammar questions

letslearn

先輩
11 Sep 2013
Hi all,
The character is in a book shop and has found an interesting book.

私は百円だしてかった。勉強しているふりをしてよみふけった。そして殺人のすすめ、第十三話「月の夜ざらし」をえらんだ。血をながすもなく、死体のしまつをすることもなく、あいつをこの世からマッサツできるから。ただね、なまけものじゃだめよ。努力がいるの。せんさいな神経、つうのがいるの。

My questions are
does 勉強しているふりをしてよみふけった。mean... Pretending to study I got absorbed reading my book. or is it more like... on the pretense of studying I got absorbed reading my book.

does 血をながすもなく、死体のしまつをすることもなく mean....without spilling any blood or disposing of a body.

what is つうのがいるの?
よろしくお願いします

no its from the book 殺人レストラン

That would have been perfectly clear if you had included the two preceding sentences....

ある日私は、古本屋で1さつの本を見つけたの。
「楽しい殺人の進め。」ってそういう本よ、裏を見たら100円。

That would have been perfectly clear if you had included the two preceding sentences....

ある日私は、古本屋で1さつの本を見つけたの。
「楽しい殺人の進め。」ってそういう本よ、裏を見たら100円。
yes sorry about that.

Hi guys,
If it's ok I would like to ask another question about a phrase.
The character has just awakened to a beastly sound.
はっと見直すと、オオカミがぴったり地面におなかをつけて、ひくく身がまえているのでした。
Is おなかをつけて a set phrase?
I get the feeling the sentence is....
On closer inspection a Wolf was in a crouched position close to the ground.
おなか is belly is this つけて the verb 付ける or I found another つける with different kanji which meant to hunt or to stalk.

よろしくお願いします

It's not a set phrase that I'm aware of. It reads to me like 付ける ... which would mean his belly is in contact with the ground, not just close to it.

It's not a set phrase that I'm aware of. It reads to me like 付ける ... which would mean his belly is in contact with the ground, not just close to it.
oh okay. so ぴったり地面におなかをつけて、is a literal meaning. it's crouching completely on the ground.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom