What's new

Show Me Yours...

point4m

life is too short
27 Feb 2003
I want to get another tatto, I've been thinking about it for a while and it occured to me to start a thread with asian style tatoos. I have a dragon, but I'm not sure what I want to have next... Post pic's of your asian style tattoo and join the Asian Tattoo Club!!! 👍 👍

Attachments

• Dragon.jpg
    Dragon.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 108
TwistedMac said:
very nice one, point.. discreet and still looking good ^^ good female tattoo!

Thanks Twisted, but how do you know it's discreet... :)

Well, Eve you just aren't all for showing then, I mean... If you don't mention were the tattoo is, people wouldn't have a clue right? If you crop the tattoo close enough around it gives no hint of where it is on the body... Like mine, were would you say mine is?

I love your tattoo, point. Very feminine and could I even say elegant(never thought I'd use that word to describe a tattoo)? It looks really, really nice. I wouldn't mind having one like that.

Thanks Kirei! I'm searching for another idea and am playing with the cherry blossom theme. That's what my friend Junko suggested as a nice way to represent Japan and it's culture.

point4m said:
I want to get another tatto, I've been thinking about it for a while and it occured to me to start a thread with asian style tatoos. I have a dragon, but I'm not sure what I want to have next... Post pic's of your asian style tattoo and join the Asian Tattoo Club!!! 👍 👍
Uhm... somehow, this rather looks like some sort of plant to me 😌

This is a timely topic for me. I have 3 tattoos. None are Asian style so I will not post any pictures unless you ask to see then. I'm going to Japan (Hokkaido) next week and my girlfriends father is planning a fishing trip for us. He will probably want to go to a public hot-spring afterwards. I heard that people with tattoos are sometimes not allowed to use public baths and hot-springs. No exceptions for gaijins either. Is this true, or is this something from the past that is not a problem anymore. Would like to know before going in to a public hot-spring and then be asked to leave. I figure the least attention you draw to yourself the better when your a naked gaijin.
Thank for any info
Terry

point4m, that dragon looks alot like the sick of it all dragon but with more design.

Attachments

• SI-STK1-x.jpg
    SI-STK1-x.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 103
I don't have any tattoos

hmm..
many foreigners get those Chinese or Japanese symbols tattoos while they have no idea of what they mean,or the words don't make any sense,
for example, a tattoo on Marcus Camby...

cambypetit-1.jpg

jeisan said:
point4m, that dragon looks alot like the sick of it all dragon but with more design.

LOL! I'm sure you'll find a lot of stylized dragons that look similar. I got the design from an online Japanese tattooing shop and recreated it on my computer changed it slightly and gave it to the tattoo artist to transfer onto me. :)

Dream Time said:
I don't have any tattoos

hmm..
many foreigners get those Chinese or Japanese symbols tattoos while they have no idea of what they mean,or the words don't make any sense,
for example, a tattoo on Marcus Camby...

cambypetit-1.jpg

I know! My friend Junko tells me of gaijin that have t-shirts with bizzar stuff written on them and even of tattoos that say stupid things. I want to get Kanji or something as a tattoo some day, but I'm going to trust Junko to select something for me. I don't want to be laughed at, and I know enough to not use something I'm unfamiliar with... :p

I have seen one of those mistaken tatoos on a guy's neck.
He had kanji for "love" on one side of his neck, "bad" on the other side.
Instead of "love" and "hate"...

Somebody has asked me to write down kanji for "aunt" for her tatoo.

point4m, don't get those ones.

Misa, I was actually wanting a kanji tattoo, but I also thought that too many people have them. I don't want to get one because it's a fad, so I think I may get a tattoo of a good luck charm instead of just kanji. That way it will be more unique. I am still looking for the right thing. It took me two years to decide on the dragon, it doesn't seem like much, but I wanted to be totally happy with what I got and I wanted it to mean something.

what does that tattoo on that basketballer's arm say...? benzoku? is that even a word?!? it's not in my dictionary. or is it the name of a tribe named ben?

okaeri_man said:
what does that tattoo on that basketballer's arm say...? benzoku? is that even a word?!? it's not in my dictionary. or is it the name of a tribe named ben?

strive clan

no such word

I don't know about Japanese,but Chinese people could not understand his tattoo

Marcus Camby said:
"When I got my new tattoos,
I wanted them to reflect the two things I try and live my life by.
One of them deals with love of family
and the other is about striving to be your best."

Back
Top Bottom