What's new

Self-service gas stations exploding with problems

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Japanese car drivers must be really pampered. I don't know about the States, but in Europe self-service stations are the rule (and I've never heard of any accidents).

Self-service gas stations exploding with problems

=> http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/features/0207/20020717selfserve.html

PS: I just read that some U.S. states (namely Oregon and New Jersey) prohibit self-service at gas stations.

:p

I'm pissed about this whole thing. 1 liter is about 95 yen for unleaded. At a self serve station the price only drops 2-3 yen.

At one time 4-5 people worked the grave yard shift. You also got a few boxes of tissue with a full tank. Now, you have 2-3 people and no thank you goodies.

I used to go on and on about the price of gas, but after thinking out the economics and Japan's high worker ratio I started to understand this. Besides, the gas tax is outrageous.

My favorite stand is closing. The staff are getting moved to a self serve type.

Oh well, time to find a new place with cuter girls. I love it when they clean the windshield. lolololo .... don't mind me, I'm just a [sukebe-oyaji] ;)

Originally posted by moyashi
I used to go on and on about the price of gas, but after thinking out the economics and Japan's high worker ratio I started to understand this. Besides, the gas tax is outrageous.
Reminds me of Europe. Gas tax here in Austria is ridiculous. We have no car.

[Sukebe-oyaji]... hehe, who isn't? Do these girls at gas stations really wear mini-skirts?

Oh btw, yesterday I had a long discussion with Naho about tipping in Japan (perhaps it would be better to open a new thread). I wonder how these workers stay motivated and friendly without occasional tip??

The reason for our discussion was the fact that some Viennese coffee shops treat Japanese tourists very haughtily and reserved as they usually don't give tips at all.

Back
Top Bottom