What's new

Review an album here

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
4 Feb 2005
I think it would be nice if all you fans of music had a thread just to review any albums that you have on this thread. Any genres accepted ie: Jpop, Jrock, soundtracks, Enka etc. as long as it is Japanese related.
All you have to do is put up the album title, artist, number of tracks and genre. After that a review of the album. Do try to keep it as objective as you can. I know this can be hard as you are most likely a great fan of the album you are reviewing, but it will be there to give people a chance to see what others think of various albums before commiting to buy themselves. Don't worry if someone has already reviewed an album you have, your view is just as welcome. After all someone might love Hydes Faith, but another might not be as moved. It will give a newbie a chance to weigh up the views.👍 :)

First up, as an example and also as a album I have recently bought.

Name: Gunslinger Girl Soundtrack
Artist: Toshihiko Sahashi
Genre: Anime Soundtrack
No. tracks: 39

This is the music used in the recent anime series of Gunslinger Girl. The album irself is very distinctive, a matt black cover with the Gunslinger Girl Logo and title in Gloss black.
Most of the album is orchestral in origin giving it an almost classical sound. Choral vocals on some tracks, TEMA I for example, give it a force of gravitas that you find in the anime. A lot of tracks are also done with a traditional Italian folk sound to them. This isn't surprising as the series is set in Italy. Don't be put off by the fact that it is full of strings and brass. Some of the tracks are bouncy and lively, others light and brezzy, but remember that the anime itself has a tragic theme to it, so some of the tracks will reflect this.
As it is a soundtrack album you will find that certain tunes will repeat themselves, but in a slighlty different form. One moment it could be a orchestra playing it, the next a piano solo.
Dispite being heavily orchestral there are some contempory sounding music on the album, most noticably the opening song, which is also the main theme to the anime, called "The Light Before We Land" by The Delgados. A lovely song that can really play on your mood, especially if you have seen the anime.
The album plays at just over a hour long and most of the tracks average about 1min 30. A good album to have as background music if you want to feel relaxed. Be warned this music can really play on your emotions if you have seen the anime, as you will associate with events from the series.
Overall I would say not for all music fans, especially if you are very much a rock or pop type of person, but if you like the occassional music not full of synths and drums then I would recommend this.
I'd give it 8 out of 10 and a thumbs up

Artist: 宇多田ヒカル
Album: Exodus
Genre: Pop

I personally think this is a great album. I like J-Pop and J-Rock one thing i like about this album is that i can understand everything (English Album). I feel like i know her a little more when i come to an understanding with a song. they arent empty, meaningless lyrics designed simply to shatter charts (though it did anyway). One song in particular, Animato, i have found to be extremely deep. she poured her heart into that song. but its not all serious deep thought. the album has its "fun" songs. The Workout is an upbeat and catchy song that has you going from the get-go.
i was upset to learn that there were only roughly 30,000 copies sold in the US and even fewer (or so i believe) in the UK. It did, however, shatter the record for most record sales for an English album in Japan.
over all, very impressive.

Bottom Line: 4.5/5

Band: Dir en grey
Album: Vulgar
Genre: Variable

Just pure awesomeness! Awesome songs, varying from softcore to heavy @.@ Personal favorites: The IIId empire, Kasumi, Obscure, Amber and Marmalade chainsaw. I can't describe this with words, you gotta listen to it yourself, you just have to, okay? Pretty please?

KinKi Kids

Artist:KinKi Kids
Album:ニ陳ウALBUM
Genre: Pop
This is the latest album of KinKi Kids.It was very fabulous,fantaitis & excellent.All of the songs in this album i listen one time only already fall in love with those songs.I personally highly recommed to everybody~

Aya Hirano - Riot Girl

Artist: Aya Hirano
Album: Riot Girl
Label: Lantis
Genre: JPOP
Tracks: 14
Playtime: 62m35s
Starlette Hirano Aya of Haruhi Suzumiya fame brings all of her favorites for her first, full-length album release! Riot Girl is a mix of all of the singles she has released in the past 2 years. It also includes Harmonia Vita, which is the theme for the Nintendo DS game, Sigma Harmonics. With great hits like MonSTAR, Love Gun and Boken Desho Desho, Hirano will be breaking through to the lifestyles of the awesome and most popular. Her Punk Rock/Pop fusion and beautiful, melodic Japanese Pop choruses really make this album great. It's a sure hit for me! I hope you all can enjoy it just as much! 8/10

Various ‎– Bad Sun Rising

Label: Nipp Guitar ‎– NG-D05152
Format: CD, Compilation
Released: 1995
Genre: Rock
Style: Noise

:):):)
ニ筑ニ椎?ニ但ナ?テ鞘?ーツケ - ナ陳「ナス竄ャ窶堙 ツ「BAD SUN RISINGツ」 - YouTube
:):):)

Tracklist
1 –UFO Or Die Suck My Stomach
Producer – Steve Albini
1:52
2 –Volume Dealers In Your Distinction
Producer – Steve Albini
2:56
3 –Maria Kannon Inujini
Producer – Steve Albini
5:43
4 –Ruins Knaftt!!
Producer – Steve Albini
1:19
5 –Zeni Geva & Steve Albini Kettle Lake 4:25
6 –Superunit Painwise
Producer – Steve Albini
5:17
7 –Funhouse (4) Mama
Producer – Steve Albini
4:36
8 –Omoide Hatoba Twisted Yoyo
Producer – Steve Albini
1:59
9 –Boredoms Thalidomide Car
Producer – Steve Albini
2:57

Credits
Artwork – Toshio Saeki

I don't know about music album....but a lot of interesting listening music ... so ... i guess you will give me a good information of good music.

Back
Top Bottom