What's new

Razor kanji help on some parts

gabrielcr78

Kouhai
9 Feb 2018
Hello folks, i have the following razor with box (got some pictures from here: 日本剃刀 井上藤助 ニユーステン藤助 R付18mm - 画像の倉庫

the kanji i have so far..

in the razor stamp: 藤助 R 付 (Fujisuke according to google translate OR: Tōsuke according to THIS site),
Then latin letter R and then 付 = "with" (does not make much sense...?)

付.jpg

In the white box:
white box.PNG

in red text: ニユー = Google says "NEU".. but again, not much sense.. is this a name?
and then the brand but with "ステン" stain? is that a name or does it translate as Stainless Tosuke?

then again R付 and then on top of the "18mm" i just cant read the text.. any clue of what are those 3 characters? _______________

lastly, this one, which i think it's again the brand Tosuke .. right? :)

label3.PNG

thanks a lot for your help!

Attachments

• label1.PNG
    label1.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 145
  • label2.PNG
    label2.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 157
in the razor stamp: 藤助 R 付 (Fujisuke according to google translate OR: Tōsuke according to THIS site),
Then latin letter R and then 付 = "with" (does not make much sense...?)
Must be Tōsuke given the subject matter. I think R付 means rounded edge (based on this).
in red text: ニユー = Google says "NEU".. but again, not much sense.. is this a name?
and then the brand but with "ステン" stain? is that a name or does it translate as Stainless Tosuke?
ニユー ==> NEW and ステン ==> Stainless Steel.
then again R付 and then on top of the "18mm" i just cant read the text.. any clue of what are those 3 characters?
普通型 (regular type)
lastly, this one, which i think it's again the brand Tosuke .. right? :)
Yes.

Agreed. It must be Tōsuke. There is the romaji name "tosuke" on the blue grip of the lazor. The brand name Tōsuke seems to be from the cutler's name 井上藤助 Inoue Tōsuke.

R付 indeed menas "curved/rounded". In this case, I think it refers to the shape of the razor (curved, not straight like the one below).
lazor.jpg

It's the rounded tip.. As opposed to spike... 90 degree... Thanks a lot friends!, really appreciated!

Toritoribe you are correct in fact i think it refers to the handle.. the handle of the one wit the R has a curve on the handle:
capture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom