What's new

Question about the word “時点” (Jiten)

Kojiro Sasaki

後輩
8 Sep 2013
Hi,

Is the word "時点" proper in the situation, when I want to describe a specific time point in a song or a movie? Let's say first minute and sixth second of the song - can I call it 時点? Is there any better or more common word for this kind of description?

Best Regards

Last edited:
Well, I can't get your point. Make a sentence in Japanese so that we can judge whether it is correct or not.

Hi,

Is the word "時点" proper in the situation, when I want to describe a specific time point in a song or a movie? Let's say first minute and sixth second of the song - can I call it 時点? Is there any better or more common word for this kind of description?

Best Regards
There is no need to use any counter or something. It's OK just to write 1分6秒 or 1:06.

The general term is 経過時刻 or 経過時間 (or simply 時刻, 時間)
I would say 最初(or 頭)から 1分30秒のところ to refer to a specific time point.

Last edited:
I think the OP is making an index or something, as same as his previous threads (and that's why i said that just 1:06 is OK).

I think the OP is making an index or something, as same as his previous threads (and that's why i said that just 1:06 is OK).
Precisely! It looks like this:
546343453_arpwqxh.png

I'm very grateful for all the responses in this thread. Thanks!

If you look at the images here, they are using 開始時間 (start time). I think you could drop the 時間 if you need to save space. Even if your case is not the start of the track, it's still the starting point of the segment that you are indicating.

Which solution would be the best here? I don't want it to be mistaken with "playing time" - it would completely ruin the entire meaning of all the documentation I'm preparing.

Using 4-kanji word will require extensive changes in ~20 A4 pages... I need to know this for sure: Are there no chances for a 2-kanji word?

You could probably get by with just 開始 if you don't want to make edits.

Back
Top Bottom