What's new

Professor visa for a part time lecturer?

The office of personell affairs (人事局、じんじきょく) would be the place to ask. As for your first question, that's also something I would like to know. Do you have one university where you would feel comfortable asking 人事 about that? Otherwise you'd have to ask at immigrations yourself.

Thanks. I'm going to immigration tomorrow with the first 3 pages of the application form and I'll ask them what other documents I need.

I went to immigration again.

Once again I've been advised to wait for the PR result. If it fails then I can apply for professor visa and have it be "in progress" even after I begin working at uni.

They weren't sure if I do apply for the professor visa how many universities would need to fill out page 4 of the application. They finally said just get all universities to do it.

Curiously, they also said if I submitted for professor visa now and only got 1 year then it could muddy the waters for getting PR.

Thank you for coming back with this information. That's very helpful.

They weren't sure if I do apply for the professor visa how many universities would need to fill out page 4 of the application. They finally said just get all universities to do it.

That's what I had expected. Too bad you were not lucky to talk to a more knowledgeable clerk.

Curiously, they also said if I submitted for professor visa now and only got 1 year then it could muddy the waters for getting PR.

This one is unexpected. But I guess it makes sense because you're status would appear more stable with the information provided when you applied for PR.

This is bizarre. Showing a valid work visa like that should only enhance your PR application. Bozos.

Once again I've been advised to wait for the PR result. If it fails then I can apply for professor visa and have it be "in progress" even after I begin working at uni.

I'm surprised since you have not worked for any of them previously. Keep us posted.

I received my permanent residency postcard in the mail today. I've got 11 classes for my first semester teaching university so things are looking good.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Regarding getting the permanent residency, do I need to notify anyone at city hall? Will "my number" status need to be updated?

Regarding getting the permanent residency, do I need to notify anyone at city hall? Will "my number" status need to be updated?

Immigration will notify city office of your new status, but to satisfy your own curiosity why not visit and ask?

As for "My Number", I have no idea, as my wife and I rejected delivery of the letters when they were first sent out and we have heard nothing, as far as we are concerned the system does not exist and no one has ever asked us to use such a number.

Immigration will notify city office of your new status, but to satisfy your own curiosity why not visit and ask?

As for "My Number", I have no idea, as my wife and I rejected delivery of the letters when they were first sent out and we have heard nothing, as far as we are concerned the system does not exist and no one has ever asked us to use such a number.

Thanks for that. My universities are asking for My number so I had better update it to reflect my new visa status (if it is indeed connected).

Thanks for that. My universities are asking for My number so I had better update it to reflect my new visa status (if it is indeed connected).

I also have PR, but as for "My Number" I have no idea because, as I have mentioned my wife and I rejected it.

Permanent Residence is not a visa, it is a status.

That might need to be stated a little more clearly (as you did in an earlier post).

You rejected the letters informing you of the numbers. You still have the numbers; you just don't know what they are.

マイナンバーの受取り拒否しても大丈夫?

Yes!! that may very well be the case. Same as the old Japanese residence system it replaced, most Japanese rejected that as well.

In my experience its only foreign companies based in Japan that are pushing the use of this system, so we refuse to do business with those companies.

I'm not familiar with that. What was that about?

It was not widely known about, as only the Japanese were issued these residence numbers, because foreigners were on the Alien registration system at that time.

But most Japanese rejected it.

Back
Top Bottom