What's new

Princess Sayako will marry gov't offical

cocolulu_gyaru

Watashi wa Itsuwa Juri
17 Nov 2004
Princess Sayako will marry gov't offical

TOKYO (AFP) - Princess Sayako, the only daughter of Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko, will marry a 39-year-old official working with Tokyo's metropolitan government, press reports said.

The emperor and empress have already approved the marriage between the 35-year-old princess and Yoshiki Kuroda and a wedding is set for early 2005, the Jiji and Kyodo news agencies, the Japan Broadcasting Corp. and the Asahi Shimbun newspaper reported.

The Imperial Household Agency would brief media about the reports, a spokesman for the agency said.

Sayako, 35, who is also known as Princess Nori, will become a commoner upon her marriage according to imperial household law. She has two brothers, Crown Prince Naruhito, 44, and Prince Akishino, 38.

Kuroda was one of Prince Akishino's classmates at Tokyo's Gakushuin University, a private institute and the alma mater for members of the imperial family, including Princess Sayako.

The news was a welcome change for Japan which has recently been hit by a series of earthquakes and typhoons as well as diplomatic rows including the intrusion of a suspected Chinese nuclear submarine into its waters.

An announcement of the engagement, originally planned for this month, was postponed out of consideration for victims of the natural disasters, the reports said.

Princess Sayako, a Gakushuin graduate with a bachelor's degree in Japanese language and literature, works at an institute for ornithology in Chiba, east of Tokyo, where she has been involved in kingfisher research.

😍

Heard about this yesterday from my teacher yesterday. He met her in the past along with the emperor. Supposedly she is a very shy, but extremely kind lady. Glad to hear :) I also heard there was quite a bit of pressure for a male heir, so I hope the marriage won't become a tabloid mess about that issue for her sake.

I wonder if this will turn out to be another Princess Diana fiasco!

Damn! She's one fine looking babe! At the risk of sounding vulgar, but I damn sure wouldn't throw her out of bed!
:D

Just wondering. How do the Japanese and the Japanese society, press, etc. take these news? Are they happy for the Princess or do they feel she should´ve stayed within the royal family..?

The recent coverage of the wedding seemed to focus primarily on her parents who were in attendance (as opposed to the actual occasion) and even more specifically on Sayako herself (although the television coverage did sneak in a few shots of her and her husband at the reception). I especially liked the little ceramic gift boxes filled with sugar candy from China for guests in attendance.

unh! this my first time hearing it. but she does look like otak
is it yaoi or something?
hunh!

budd said:
unh! this my first time hearing it. but she does look like otak
is it yaoi or something?
hunh!
....😊
It is a rumor.
She seems to have joined a MANGA study club for school days

バーチャルネットアイドル・ちゆ12歳「ちゆニュース - オタク関連」
"A dress of a wedding ceremony CLARIS of a heroine of "a castle of the third Lupin Cali male fatty tuna" of director Hayao Miyazaki model."
A rumor at an interval of otaku:eek:
B00005HTQX09LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom