What's new

Postgraduate MEXT scholarship: Domestic Selection process?

D-Lux

後輩
16 Feb 2009
Hello everyone. I'm currently living in Japan, working as an ALT on the JET Program. I'm interested in applying for a MEXT scholarship to get my MA. It says on the website that you can apply by Embassy recommendation, University recommendation or Domestic Selection.
Has anyone been through the Domestic Selection process? What is the timeline for interviews, etc.? I'm finishing JET in August, but my embassy's interviews are in late June, so I would be unable to apply through them. Will I be able to do everything I need to do before I leave Japan, or will I have to wait and apply through my embassy next year?
Thanks!

For Domestic Selection, it should be something like: you are currently studying in the university and you would like to apply for the scholarship. You should contact your supervisor in the university regarding that. Try referring to the admission office or the FAQ site for Monbukugakusho Scholarship in your university. Alternately, please check at JASSO webpage.

Ah, I see, the English translation makes it sound like it is available to any prospective postgraduate student who is currently in Japan.

So I guess my followup question is this: Is there any way for foreigners currently living in Japan who aren't students to apply for the scholarship without having to fly back to their home country to interview at their embassy/consulate?

Dear Friends!!

I hope, Everyone gona be fine and doing well at her/his end. By Mext scholarship, I hang up with strong inquries. As i hope that , you people would pleased me to give answers to my need at any possibe .

Here we go, Actually i applied Mext scholarship to the japanese uiversity and got back email of supervisor(executive program). He agreed to accept me as master degree candidate at his research lab. Nom i am going to submit material to him soonly. Some could explain me, What are the chances, if candidates have to obtain MEXT scholarship through university recommendation?

However supervisor agreed to accept candidate if he or she selected for scholarship. Right now i have this situation as where i should know unclear the final result untill june.

My experience speaks, if you are either selected by supervisor, you would be worthy to attain scholarship in case, university recomendation process, only professor (supervisor) involved to demonstrate the being conclusions of grammatical case of the applicants rather than international student affair office.

If any could give comment or advice, wramly appreciate for consideration !!! Thank a lot !!!

Dear Kouki thank for being comments.....
I have cheaked the website of jasso. Any way It has had preety good information for MEXT scholarship but as my question, I could not find out there even go over long time to search out beneficial data.

I clear my question again!!! what are the chances or work done to attain scholarship? means what is percentage to win the scholarship if supervisor would accpeted the candidate in initial screening process.
Thanks looking for answer!!

Back
Top Bottom