What's new

Please translate this flag. I am trying to locate names and places.

UselessCause

Registered
19 Mar 2018
I came across this flag at an estate sale. Could you please advise as to the proper method of saving this material? I went to a framing company and they wanted to hang it upright by "stapling" the material to a back. I will not allow the flag to be damaged but am afraid I am not caring for it properly. It was stuck in a plastic bag at the garage sale and is still in the same bag.
flagjapanese.jpg

Toritoribe-san, what did you think of the phrase "長驅の千里" . I've never heard of this before, and when I put it into a search engine all I get back are Chinese websites or other Chinese references. It's the first time to see this phrase on a flag, and I wonder if it exists in Japan, or if it is a Chinese person's attempt at trying to render a Chinese phrase into plausible Japanese.

The third kanji is 及, not 乃:emoji_wink:. It's 漢文調 Chinese-style Japanese(or Japanese-style Chinese) 長驅、千里に及ぶ, meaning "Your run/ride reaches a thousand miles away." The flag seems to be genuine to me.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts. I appreciate it very much. Since there is no name I will be happy to keep it, otherwise I would return it if possible. There also was Flying Tiger stuff in the sale, of which I got one piece.

Back
Top Bottom