What's new

Please help me

i have plenty more pics.

Okay, this map is certainly made after March 1938, maybe around October 1938, and definitely before March 1939. The key reasons are this. According to this map Anschluss between Germany and Austria has occurred; they are a single entity. That was in March 1938 so it had to happen after. Next, it has the Sudetenlands in Czechoslovakia highlighted; that was a summer to fall crisis that was resolved in October 38. It meant annexation by Germany, so this could be immediately before, or the writers just colored it in to show its annexation. Finally, Czechoslovakia exists as a single entity. It was dismembered by a German invasion in March 1939 and split into two states. Also Poland has its pre-invasion borders, while the three Baltic states still exist. That definitely dates it before September 1939.

Hope that helps.

昭和十四年一月一日発行 富士 第十二巻 第一号付録

It was published on the 1st Jan, 1939.(Probably it was actually released on Dec. 1938.)

I also found this site.

昭和2年の出来事 1927
【11月】
また同じく講談社から、新雑誌【富士】の新聞広告が掲載されます。(写真2-18)
昭和3年1月号から発売されるという告知ですが、もっともこの【富士】は既に刊行していた雑誌【面白倶楽部】の名を変えたものです。
更に戦時中には上記の【キング】に統合される事になりますが、この統合は戦時中カタカナが禁止されたことによります。
昭和からの贈りもの 昭和2年の出来事

As in the picture in the site linked above, the kanji 冨 of this magazine 冨士 is ワ冠, whereas the 富 of the 昭和18年 version of 富士 is ウ冠.(See the wiki page linked in my previous post.) Thus, this magazine is 冨士 as the renamed version of 面白倶楽部.

昭和3年1月 第1巻第1号
昭和6年1月 第4巻第1号
昭和14年1月 第12巻第1号

It all adds up! :)

As Glenn-san wrote previously, it's more likely a supplement/free extra that came with a magazine 冨士新年号(Fuji New Year Edition), which was published by 大日本雄弁会講談社[Dainippon Yuubenkai Kodansha] on 1st January, 1939. The Fuji was first published on 1st January, 1928 as the renamed version of a magazine 面白倶楽部[Omoshiro Club], and was unified with a magazine キング[King] on 1943.

I am a Japanese linguist and have translate many similar documents. I have a large collection of maps charts and geodetic material. If you could get a clearer picture of the top edge of the cover page - that is the tiny writing above the long thin line on the top. This is where the edition seems to be - I can make out 第二十 (I think) it is too blurred - would be 20th something. I could narrow it down more succinctly by seeing it clearer.

tokyofarang;690961 said:
I am a Japanese linguist

You may be able to help me. What sort of 漢字入力ソフト are you using? I need something that has similar DB to 大漢和辞典, i.e. 47k+ characters. I need a serious software used by publishing companies used for typing texts that we can see in calligraphy dictionaries, or books such as 字通 or 字統 by 白川 静. All sorts of 異体字, 旧字, unused radicals, etc., you name it, I need it.

I am a japanese linguist and have translate many similar documents. I have a large collection of maps charts and geodetic material. If you could get a clearer pciture of the top edge of the cover page - that is the tiny writing above the long thin line on teh top. This is where the edition seems to be - I can make out 第二十 (I think) it is too blurred - would be 20th something. I could narrow it down more succinctly by seeing it clearer. makugarasu gmail
It's not 第二十 but 第十二巻, as I already wrote in my previous post.

2d78nzn-1.jpg

昭和十四年一月一日発行 (毎月一回一日発行) 富士 第十二巻 第一号付録
昭和十四年一月一日發行 (毎月一回一日發行) 冨士 第十二卷 第一號附録(in the original 旧字体)

As you might know, 第十二巻 means that 昭和十四年 is the 12th year since the magazine 富士 was renamed from a magazine 面白倶楽部 and first published in 昭和三年. 第一号 shows that it's the first volume in the year.

You may be able to help me. What sort of 漢字入力ソフト are you using? I need something that has similar DB to 大漢和辞典, i.e. 47k+ characters. .

I do not use any specific software. I use what is presently in my computer installed when I bought the computer. I use the Chinese language when I can not find the characters in the Japanese font set. Almost all of the historical Japanese characters are Chinese based. I have never "not" found a character that I have needed. But then calligraphy does use traditional characters sometimes - in that it is stroke based and written smoothly - whereas computer characters are are stylized that way.

There are several Japanese calligraphy font sets that are extremely helpful - yet do not have permissions to post the English or even the Japanese sites that offer them.

When I translate older texts and calligraphy based works - I have a stack of dictionaries - from the 1920's and 1930's which are far better than today's simplified dictionaries.

But calligraphy is an art I tried to learn a long time ago, but never got the knack - I was more interested in socializing than studying in my youth when I started learning Japanese, all those years ago.

If you base your work on standard windows input it means that you are dealing with standard texts. I am not referring to a calligraphy computer font or character stylization. ナ?ヒ?スナ。 and hand-written forms difference is not what I am referring to either. Again, translating is not an issue, I have more dictionaries than I need, but I need to type those characters in. Anyways, thanks for the answer.

Back
Top Bottom