Please correct my sentence.

Razahia

先輩
7 Jun 2013
Unless it's correct. Then great!

日本語で書くことは私には難しいだから私が毎日練習で す

I apologize if I am incorrect.

Thanks.

The second 私 is superfluous: you already mentioned in the first part that the sentence applies to yourself, so you don't need to repeat it. In general, use 私 as little as possible to avoid being overly verbose - only use it to emphasize that something applies to you specifically.

The だ should be left out: if a sentence in the short form ends with an い-adjective, the adjective itself functions as the verb. (For nouns and な-adjectives, だ is needed however.)

Finally, 練習です is invalid: you can't "be" practice, you "do" practice.

So the corrected sentence would be:
私は日本語で書くことが難しいから、毎日練習します。

T
The second 私 is superfluous: you already mentioned in the first part that the sentence applies to yourself, so you don't need to repeat it. In general, use 私 as little as possible to avoid being overly verbose - only use it to emphasize that something applies to you specifically.

The だ should be left out: if a sentence in the short form ends with an い-adjective, the adjective itself functions as the verb. (For nouns and な-adjectives, だ is needed however.)

Finally, 練習です is invalid: you can't "be" practice, you "do" practice.

So the corrected sentence would be:
私は日本語で書くことが難しいから、毎日練習します。

Alright. Thank you for your time. I do have one question though. What is the point of the から after 難しい?

You had it in your original sentence as well, didn't you? It means "therefore": "Writing in Japanese is difficult for me, therefore I practice every day".

Unless it's correct. Than great!

日本語で書くことは私には難しいだから私が毎日練習です

I apologize if I am incorrect.

Thanks.
日本語で書くことは私には難しい。だから毎日練習します。

or

日本語で書くことは私には難しいから、毎日練習します。

You are correct with 私には難しい.

Back
Top Bottom