What's new

People/Children of Amaterasu

TurkeySloth

後輩
8 Jul 2008
This is another one for my roleplay setting, in which the drow have a snake goddess after whom they named the Lamia-equivalent species. I chose Amaterasu's name for here because I'm not completely sure of the local goddess' name.

I don't think Amaterasu is appropreate since her name clearly shows that she is the goddess of the Sun. I, either, don't recommend using really-existed ones, such like Dai-nippon teikoku.

As I said in my post, I had yet to decide on the local deity's name (Cry [ɬ̪'ə.ħɪˁ]) when I made that post. Thus, I'd never planned on using Amaterasu's name and am, mainly, checking for grammar.

What is your purpose of this thread, then?
If grammar is your main concern, did you read our replies to your questions about grammar in your previous thread? Any response?

Ironically, I thought about doing that but decided against it because of JRef's rules about editing posts, which mean I can't change that topic's name to have a wider scope.

Then, you should have said so in your initial reply to my post.
How about my second question? No response again?

I know you're not trying to be condescending, but, being autistic, that was my first impression of you consistently asking for a response like that.

Yes, I read your replies. Essentially, I'm trying to find out the proper structure would be Cry[jin-equivalent][[go-equivalent], Cry[go-equivalent][[jin-equivalent], Cry[go-equivalent][[ko-equivalent], Cry[ko-equivalent][[go-equivalent], or one of the above hyphenated with [no- and kami-equivalents] as plain Cry[go-equivalent] or Cry[go-equivalent]-[no-equivalent]-[kami-equivalent] sounds odd cause the language will be named for the deity.

I was talking about countries' names in modern Japanese in your previous thread. That rule doesn't apply to god/goddess names. Actually, there are countless gods whose name has "no" in it in Japanese mythology, e.g., Susa-no-o, Ama-no-iwato-wake, Ame-no-uzume, Kaya-no-hime, Ki-no-mata, Kuni-no-tokotachi, Ko-no-hana-sakuya, Hi-no-kagutsuchi, Yata-no-karasu, etc., etc..

You don't need to hesitate to acknowledge those who helped you. When getting replies to your questions, it is polite to acknowledge them and tell at least if you understood it or not. Of course, it's OK if you think you don't need to say anything to our replies, but if so, I just would never reply to your future posts anymore. I don't want to be treated like a machine translator or on-line dictionary. Period.

Sorry. I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me and thank you for it. I've gotten used to carrying on conversations in constructed language fora.

Also, I was talking about the "any response" questions.

Got it. In the drow's eyes, the lamia-equivalents are the only ones who speak the language. Thus, they included the local ko-equivalent in the language's name, while it's non-grammatical in Japanese. Would Cry[ko-equivalent][go-equivalent], Cry[go-equivalent][ko-equivalent] sound better?

Last edited:
As the local drow see the lamia-equivalents to be children/daughters of Cry, I'm expanding the use of the local ko-equivalent suffix, which is only found on female Japanese names (cf. Midoriko), to the species' name. And, correct, I mean language by "go."

"Go(語)" must be put at the end of language names, usually right after the name of the country, region, ethnicity or like that.

Okay and thanks. At this point, the language is named Cry(tŕ) [ɬ̪'ə.ħɪˁ.ɬəː] (penultimate mora stress removed). From what you've just said, the name would be Cryko(tŕ) [ɬ̪'ə.ħɪˁ.ʡɛˁ.t͡ɬəː] (ko appropriated cause I don't know that suffix yet and penultimate mora stress removed), if I go with the elaborate name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom