What's new

No recent posts

ifjames

先輩
1 Jul 2007
Is anyone else irritated by the yellow highlighted bold font message about "not posting in several weeks" that appears when you log in??? I am not one to speak or write unnecessarily, and don't wish to "hear the sound of my own voice" so to "speak/write". Can this be removed (probably will be after this "post"!!) at my request: if so how so??/ Sorry to be irritated!!!

Yep, it has been: I just logged off and on again!!! RRRRGH!!!

Last edited:
Greetings there Fel1city san !!

While it doesn't happen to bother me, I guess I could say that I can, in a way, empthize with your feelings. I have had that appear before my eyes a number of times in the past too. After a break as long as I have noticed yours has been, it shows up. Then, after a few posts (I cannot recall the number, but more than two) it goes away.

The only thing I can say, is try not to let it get the best of you. Perhaps try to see it as a 'we missed you!' shout from us here on the forum. I do hope to hear more from you...and of course, though, at you own pace.

See you 'round !! MM

We ment well........

We came up with that idea when posting was slow to boost paticipation. Maybe we should create a thread for posting a nothing post to rid us of the infernal yellow streak. My wife gets it all the time when she logs on, because she is a reader, not a poster. I feel the same way about the flashing ads up in the top right, but have learned to ignore them as a necessary evil of being on JREF. Maybe tape a piece of paper to the top of your monitor to flip down when you log on to JREF, LOL. I think we do need a reminder to members to "try" and offer something to JREF for others to read. If we all just come here to lurk and read, JREF would die soon.

Uncle Frank

I feel the same way about the flashing ads up in the top right, but have learned to ignore them as a necessary evil of being on JREF.

Not to take away ad funding from JREF but I don't see the ads and none of you have to either. Firefox and the Adblock extension. :)

Glad you think so: happy to oblige!!!

If we all just come here to lurk and read, JREF would die soon.
Uncle Frank
Glad to take the sugar: "lurk": HMMMM!! Not nice. No offense taken by the way.

Last edited:
I'm not yellow !

Time to post again to avoid the yellow. This thread is like a bottle of bleach or a "whitening" toothpaste, no more yellow.

Auntie Helen

😌

Back
Top Bottom