What's new

Chit-chat post not counted anymore.

my GOD!!! THE CHIT_CHAT!!!! :p
well okay. so hows everyone doing! Frank...that man is funny! he should get those two extra post! 😌 :)

[edit] MY GOD! I was up to like 1,100 post.... :mad: well anyhoo 😌

[editx2]WHERE IS MY SIG/banner!!!?!?!?! :p

Frank D. White said:
comic-relief post credit. For us brainless people who can't come up with substantial posting idea, we get 2 post points for a funny reply to someone else's good post.

For that, like me suggest that we use the "reputation" (or "popularity") rating. Just click on the new "rate" button for a post you like (upper-right), then choose whether you approve of it or not. Very simple, and good posts can receive as many votes as there are users to rate it. Don't worry, so far there are different "reputation" level from -200 to + 2000. Admins and mods get a slightly higher point coefficient when they rate others (but as you can't rate yourself, it's only beneficial to other users :) ) .

You can start by trying to give me some points for this post. :p

I have to admit, I did gain a lot of post-age when I was posting at the chit-chat forum on the 'epic battle thread.' Good times, good times... :)

Why not just annex the post count, and rating system all together?

I'm not sure what purpose they have in the first place, other than to create an inferiority/superiority complex among people.

Cripes, I would have been past brown belt if they counted...I just went on the rebound a few days ago!

Ah well. With this post, I am 100 away. But, like many, I do miss the good ol' days... 😌

Winter said:
Why not just annex the post count, and rating system all together?

I'm not sure what purpose they have in the first place, other than to create an inferiority/superiority complex among people.

There is no need to feel inferior or superior. More important than the post is the user's reputation. This is not based on the number of post, but on the quality of the posts. I am trying to incite people to make more frequent use of the new (post) "rate" button, but few people have used it even once. Same for the thread rating system. Am I the only one to rate them ? Good thread or posts should be rated to reward good members. 👍

When You Click On The Rate Button...

are you susposed to see a new screen?? I click on the check, the X, and the center and see nothing happen??
I have my pop-up blocker shut off, but don't know if anythings being added or subtracked ?

Frank

:eek:

Here's an example:

Attachments

• rep.jpg
    rep.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 134
Maciamo said:
There is no need to feel inferior or superior. More important than the post is the user's reputation. This is not based on the number of post, but on the quality of the posts. I am trying to incite people to make more frequent use of the new (post) "rate" button, but few people have used it even once.
Does each posting we've received points for then show up on the User CP page? A novel feature.....but aside from getting feedback on what appeals to certain other users, there may not be much positive incentive with nearly everyone now as equals at the most sterling level. :eek:

Maciamo said:
There is no need to feel inferior or superior. More important than the post is the user's reputation. This is not based on the number of post, but on the quality of the posts. I am trying to incite people to make more frequent use of the new (post) "rate" button, but few people have used it even once. Same for the thread rating system. Am I the only one to rate them ? Good thread or posts should be rated to reward good members. 👍

Frankly, I don't feel that anyone's posts are up to snuff.😏

No just kidding!😊I'm just too lazy to go and press that tiny button and rate posts. I have done a few though that I am proud of. 😄

Did I mention that the post in the shop (product review) and gallery (uploaded pics and comments) also count as normal post on the forum. So if you upload 50 (Japan-elated) pictures or review 50 products/pics, that will add 50 posts to your total here as well.

Back
Top Bottom