What's new

Finally: JREF Chat!

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
I just managed to implement a very simple chat system that's based on our forum's database. If you click the "Chat" link in the menu bar, you will be automatically logged into the chat using your handle here at the forum.

:joyful:

Please let me know if you encounter any problems and enjoy chatting. :)

Addendum: unfortunately, the software only supports English, so no J-chatting. Yet. ☝

Actually given that it is supposed to be available in Chinese
http://www.sigmachat.com/features.html
it seems highly unlikely that it can't do Japanese text. I suspect it may just be a matter of selecting a font that supports Japanese script (e.g. MS Gothic), and setting it to Japanese script. In fact SigmaChat seems to have been used on several Japanese sites (I haven't found any operating at the moment. There're some references to it's use having been suspended awaiting a SW fix.)

Okay, I've already been in the chatroom 3 or 4 times, and each time, no one was there! Are y'all shy or something?! :p

kirei_na_me said:
Okay, I've already been in the chatroom 3 or 4 times, and each time, no one was there! Are y'all shy or something?! :p
日本語のを待ってます。 ;-)

kirei_na_me said:

I think The main problem is that we're not always available. Some of us live in Japan and some in the US lol hard to find a common time don't you think?
As for me I can't install the java virtual engine at work :(

Hm, I have briefly changed the default language to Chinese. Not very useful, because all the system messages will be displayed in Chinese too.

I recommend to schedule regular meetings twice or thrice (?) a day in order to cover the hemisphere, lolol. What do you think?

thomas said:
Hm, I have briefly changed the default language to Chinese. Not very useful, because all the system messages will be displayed in Chinese too.
Is that all there is in the way of customisation?
Even MSN Chat allowed you to select the display font & script. 😌
Not that I have the first idea about Java - just that I've seen it done with other JAVA chat systems. (e.g. Apricotweb)

OLD BLIND MAN CAN'T LOCATE "CHAT" LINK????

If you click the "Chat" link in the menu bar, you will be automatically logged into the chat using your handle here at the forum.

Please Point the end of my white cane in the right direction!! Is the menu bar the one that starts with
DIRECTORY or the one that starts with JREF Top????
I don't see it in either place?? I even looked in QUICK LINKS! Maybe it's something to do with my IE6 browser?
I have my ad blocker shut off, but maybe my Java script setting is wrong?? HELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!

Frank

:? :? :? :?

JREF Top Chat Shop User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

PaulTB said:
Is that all there is in the way of customisation?
Not that I have the first idea about Java - just that I've seen it done with other JAVA chat systems. (e.g. Apricotweb)

As far as the FREE version is concerned, yes. 😊

I See The Problem!!!!!

CHAT IS ONLY LISTED UNDER THE ORANGE, NONE OF THE OTHER COLORS !!!!!
So if you set up for any color but orange you don't see it!!

Frank

:p :p :p :p

Usually, Julian takes care of the other forum styles, so I hope he'll update them soon. Sorry for the trouble, hehe. :sorry:

Yeah, yeah, blame it on Maciamo...hehe :p And it's no real trouble. I'm grateful just for having a chatroom. Thank you, Thomas.

HAHAHA....I had the same problem too :D ....but then I realized maybe I had to log in again...and YES....the skin turned default again and...and....there....was.....THE "CHAT" BUTTON !!!!! :p

oh dang it wont even work if you have one of the other colors selcted as your default...

Back
Top Bottom