What's new

Question Nihon go

Pink

Registered
28 Oct 2020
Hi, could you help me please to understand this : " watashi wa anata ni kejime wo tsukenakereba naranai.'
Thank's a lot 🙂

Japanese is a context-driven language. The meaning differs depending on the context, so it's hard to interpret without knowing the situation where it's used. What is the context?

Hi, could you help me please to understand this : " watashi wa anata ni kejime wo tsukenakereba naranai.'
Thank's a lot 🙂
If you want to know what Google thinks it means you can plug this into Google translate:
私はあなたにけじめつけなければならない

Indeed "I have to blame you." can be a correct interpretation, but it also can mean, for instance, "I have to do something to take clear responsibility for you (= I have to do something to repay your kindness/favor), which is almost opposite in meaning. This is exactly the reason why the context is critically important, and machine translations, where the context is not considered, are not fully reliable.

Indeed "I have to blame you." can be a correct interpretation, but it also can mean, for instance, "I have to do something to take clear responsibility for you (= I have to do something to repay your kindness/favor), which is almost opposite in meaning. This is exactly the reason why the context is critically important, and machine translations, where the context is not considered, are not fully reliable.
Yes, of course. But I think she's probably blaming him for something. ;)

Back
Top Bottom