What's new

Nice to meet you

ClarkH

先輩
29 Mar 2012
Hello JRef Members,

Nice to meet you all. Thank you for reading.

About my interest in Japan:

I grew up in a part of Los Angeles that has many Nissei. They were all very friendly and introduced me to various parts of their culture. I think this is how my interest began when I was a child. As I grew older, the more I learned about Japan, the more fascinated I became. I really love Japanese food, art, landscaping and attention to nature (e.g., like maintaining beautiful national parks), architecture, and of course Nippon-jin! I like other Asian cultures and people as well, but Japan is my favorite by far! I've never visited Japan, but now I'm planning a trip towards the end of the year. I've wanted to learn Japanese for many years, but my progress has been slow. Recently I decided to hire a tutor, just to help me enough so I can feel more comfortable when I travel there. I ran across threads in these forums several times from Google searches about Japanese questions I had. Now that I'm starting to take Japanese lessons more seriously, I decided it would be a good idea to join these forums and contribute as much as I can.

About myself:

Born 1985. I was raised and still reside in Los Angeles. I've always liked numbers and math, so I decided to study finance in college. I graduated in 2007, and began working as a financial analyst for 4 years. Recently I quit my job to go back to school to pursue another bachelor's degree in applied math, and then a master's degree in quantitative finance. My hobbies include poker, stock trading, and golf.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Clark

Back
Top Bottom