What's new

New Year changes at JREF

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Dear Valued Members,

while here in Japan the New Year has already started, let me take this opportunity to wish you once again all the best for 2007! Thank you for all the support you have given to JREF, thanks for your dedication and your enthusiasm, in good times and in difficult times.

The New Year will see a few chances here at JREF, at least as far as the Japan Forum is concerned. First of all, this is going to be my last post as "thomas". "Maciamo" and he will no longer be aboard, neither as actively posting members nor as admins. They are going to be "decommissioned" and will retire. We will from now on employ neutral admin accounts to manage the forum should the need arise. I am glad to state that we have a very capable and dedicated team of moderators here at the Japan Forum, we shall therefore hand over the daily operations to our valued team members who have proven to be of the highest efficiency and competence. We do have full confidence in their abilities and professionalism.

We shall soon - if time permits - introduce a "JREF Constitution" outlining our basic aims and fundamental principles, and based on that, a "Code of Conduct" for members and team members as well as a "Code of Procedure" in case these Codes are breached. Furthermore, we are going to reintroduce a Helpdesk system for support issues and other requests. Submitting your ticket we shall strive hard towards responding to your inquiries within a reasonable period of time. Since the Helpdesk will be integrated into the forum, we shall no longer use the PM system for support issues.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thank you for reading this message.

thomas bidding farewell and signing off... 🙂

Happy New Year Thomas & goodbye I guess?

Sounds like an interesting concept, hope everyone works hard to make it all work! May 2007 bring all JREF members peace and happiness and good times here on the Forum!!!

Uncle Frank

:)

Sounds like an outstanding evolution! I will gladly sign onto this "Code of Conduct" knowing that if you had any hand in it, Thomas, that it will be fair and equitable. I know this is designed to solve some problems and that there are probably some kinks to work out. I hope some of our former members can be informed of these developments and perhaps return to our community. Thanks for your hard work and diligence.

"thomas", the unswerving bicyclist, will be missed. I hope that Thomas the human heart of our community will still be present in some form or another.

窶督セ窶堋ッ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堙??堋ィ窶堙溪?堙??堙??堋、ツ everyone .. may 2007 be filled with happy moments..👍
🙂 窶堋ウ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙遺?堙ァツ thomas 窶堋ウ窶堙ア ...🙂

With the glow of the sun, after having risen up over the highest peaks of the Japan Alps as they long to reach the boundries of heaven itself on this first day of 2007, still lingering in my heart, I am equally filled with happiness for the coming year.

Before the next muscle reacts to the need to draw in the next breath, I sense a tinge of sadness, as I know that there will something so seemingly permanent in my life changing now. I do hope, Thomas, that things go well for you this year, and that you will have more time to yourself and your family and such.

There will always be the good, and always the bad. . . only the changes make the heart feel lighter, from time to time. Thank you Thomas, Maciamo, for the good that I percieve in my mind's eye. Mars Man

Sounds like a nice concept ! I hope in 2007 will be less conflicts and unfair moderating, and JREF will reach it's peak again!

Happy newyear everyone!! 👋

I can live with conflict. I actually enjoy conflict. It can be done with respect and without open hostility. Part of the attraction of discussion is the exploration of conflicting perspective in order to reach understanding and perhaps even a sense of resolve. You can't build a community without conflict.

BUT there should be some limits to the extreme type of discourse allowed. Name calling, personal attacks, disrespect, rudeness, intolerance, and bigotry should be discouraged. We can disagree but be polite. I think we need to keep in mind that our common goal is to encourage people to join in discussion, to express themselves and to keep the conversation going.

Unfair moderating though is intollerable and lots of good members have been driven off to our detriment.

I can live with conflict. I actually enjoy conflict. It can be done with respect and without open hostility.
As I recall, you actually practice what you preach.

Unfair moderating though is intollerable and lots of good members have been driven off to our detriment.
But some of us come back.
😌

Hey Censport! My friends... at least two more of them are moving over by you in Franklin. I should be out there this spring!

They are both kind of semi-retired. He will be working at the local Home Depot and she owns a private investigator agency. They bought about 8 acres with a house and a barn for less than their Lake Arrowhead house sold for.

There are a couple of transportation runs he has to make and I will be back in Louisiana this Summer for the USKA World Tournament... I have to swing by Nashville this time.

Dear Valued Members,
while here in Japan the New Year has already started, let me take this opportunity to wish you once again all the best for 2007! Thank you for all the support you have given to JREF, thanks for your dedication and your enthusiasm, in good times and in difficult times.
The New Year will see a few chances here at JREF, at least as far as the Japan Forum is concerned. First of all, this is going to be my last post as "thomas". "Maciamo" and he will no longer be aboard, neither as actively posting members nor as admins. They are going to be "decommissioned" and will retire. We will from now on employ neutral admin accounts to manage the forum should the need arise. I am glad to state that we have a very capable and dedicated team of moderators here at the Japan Forum, we shall therefore hand over the daily operations to our valued team members who have proven to be of the highest efficiency and competence. We do have full confidence in their abilities and professionalism.
We shall soon - if time permits - introduce a "JREF Constitution" outlining our basic aims and fundamental principles, and based on that, a "Code of Conduct" for members and team members as well as a "Code of Procedure" in case these Codes are breached. Furthermore, we are going to reintroduce a Helpdesk system for support issues and other requests. Submitting your ticket we shall strive hard towards responding to your inquiries within a reasonable period of time. Since the Helpdesk will be integrated into the forum, we shall no longer use the PM system for support issues.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Thank you for reading this message.
thomas bidding farewell and signing off... 🙂
Thank you!

I hope this will usher in a new and better era for Jref.

Happy New Year to Everyone JREF May 2007 Bring good Heath and Good Luck to you and your love ones And Family :)

looking forward to any positive changes, may the future outshine the past.

ps: sabro and censport; since your conversation seems to be of a personal nature, and unrelated to the thread, perhaps you should take it to PM?

See you later alligator.
"thomas" / "Maciamo" hope your new year's path leads you to
where you want to go.

Back
Top Bottom