What's new

Help need your help with this translation...thanks a lot! ^__^

Ashura-chan

Registered
10 May 2017
Hi guys,
My name is Julia. I live in Germany and am learning Japanese. I have considered myself doing well...at least till I bumped into these sentences and gave up. Sigh.
Could anyone help translate them for me?

バス用の引合いがあるとのことで、ご情報有難うございます。

向け地は既にお決まりでしょうか?

Thank you so much. ;-)
Julia

I don't get them either.
1) Is the speaker thanking the listener because the listener told him/her that バス用の引合いがある?
2) What does 向け地 mean? Is there something missing preceding 向け?

1)
Yes, that's one of the possible interpretations. It's also possible that the one the speaker is talking to is the buyer/seller or inquirer(the one who offered to rent a bus). Besides, バス could be a person's name, but it would be rare.

2)
It would be the destination/receiver's address, if the speaker is talking about the deal/inquiry, too.

@the OP, What is the context? Is the speaker a car dealer, rental car agent or something?

Good morning from Germany,
I thank you all for your quick help. At first, I thought I was so stupid I didn't get the sense at all, but I am glad to know that those sentences are indeed really ...weird...
Yes, the speaker is a car dealer. But I don't understand the part with the destination. Does the Japanese partner ask where to send the bus to or does he ask for more information regarding the bus?????
Thanks.

It's not "weird" at all. It makes perfect sense in the appropriate context. The reason we needed to guess the meaning was just because we didn't know the context at all.
So, you already got the meaning of バス用の引合い? Also, who is the speaker of the second sentence? You said "the Japanese partner", does that mean he/she is not the car dealer? Again, we need more detailed context to answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom