What's new

Need to get a copy of the "renewal of driver license" need some help

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
It is possible to get a pdf file of the renewal driver license application on the net. Want to practice on learning the kanji and filling it out before I go to the licensing place.
A link would be most helpful.
Thanks

The followings are jpeg files of documents used in Kagawa prefecture, not pdf, but I think it's enough to practice to read. Note that the forms differ depending on the prefecture, but I think the difference is little.
I renewed my license last year. The person in charge explained me where and what I should write one by one with marking circles on the paper by pencil (in Japanese, of course). Not all cities might do like this, though.
license renewal.jpgquestionnaire.jpg

The followings are jpeg files of documents used in Kagawa prefecture, not pdf, but I think it's enough to practice to read. Note that the forms differ depending on the prefecture, but I think the difference is little.
I renewed my license last year. The person in charge explained me where and what I should write one by one with marking circles on the paper by pencil (in Japanese, of course). Not all cities might do like this, though.
View attachment 28479View attachment 28480
Many thanks.
I searched the net but couldn't find the pdf or what you sent.
I live in Yamaguchi so probably same type of forms.
I got the gold license. So I only have to listen to a 30 minutes video?
What's the name of these forms in Japanese , maybe I can search the net for Yamaguchi.
Again, thanks.

I searched a little bit on the Yamaguchi police website pages, but didn't see a downloadable copy of the form. It might not be available online. (If you do your own web search and get a DNS error, change the domain name ending part to yamaguchi.lg.jp, and try again.)

The main form you are looking for is called 運転 免許証 更新 申請書, or something similar.

You should be able to get a copy of the form at a local police station. They may be a little hesitant to allow you to leave their office with a copy of the form, but if you explain the reason, they should allow it.

Last edited:
The official name is 運転免許証更新申請書. I cannot find the document used in Yamaguchi, though. Here's the page in Yamaguchi Prefectural Police. You also need to prepare two different four‐digit numbers for passwords. I've never used them so far, though.

I, too, have the gold license for more than 20 years. It's not a 30 minutes video but a 30 minutes explanation about the amendments to the Road Traffic Law by a policeman every time in my city, but yes, it's finished in less than an hour in total time.

I searched a little bit on the Yamaguchi police website pages, but didn't see a downloadable copy of the form. It might not be available online. (If you do your own web search and get a DNS error, change the domain name ending part to yamaguchi.lg.jp, and try again.)

The main form you are looking for is called 運転 免許証 更新 申請書, or something similar.

You should be able to get a copy of the form at a local police station. They may be a little hesitant to allow you to leave their office with a copy of the form, but if you explain the reason, they should allow it.

Thanks for your help.. Much appreciated.

The official name is 運転免許証更新申請書. I cannot find the document used in Yamaguchi, though. Here's the page in Yamaguchi Prefectural Police. You also need to prepare two different four‐digit numbers for passwords. I've never used them so far, though.

I, too, have the gold license for more than 20 years. It's not a 30 minutes video but a 30 minutes explanation about the amendments to the Road Traffic Law by a policeman every time in my city, but yes, it's finished in less than an hour in total time.
Thanks Toritoribe
This is what makes this forum great. Everyone chipping in to help those in need.

Back
Top Bottom