What's new

Need help Translating a Hinomaru Yosegaki

I would like to know the name of the soldier, and slogans if that is possible. Thanks, Jelle

• Name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Above slogan

• the rest

• Total voters

Jelle

Registered
20 Mar 2016
I have an old computer that unfortunately can not read kanji.
I would like to know the name of the soldier, and slogans if that is possible.
Thanks, Jelle
$_57.JPG
$_14.JPG
$_14(1).JPG
$_14(2).JPG
$_35.JPG

Unfortunately it seems to be a fake of the same kind that pop up here once or twice a year. The phrase at the top is 武運長久 (good luck in battle). The writing on the flag, however, appears to have been done by one person, who's thrown a few names and a few slogans on the flag at strange angles (along with a date of 1944) to try to make it look authentic.

Unfortunately it seems to be a fake of the same kind that pop up here once or twice a year. The phrase at the top is 武運長久 (good luck in battle). The writing on the flag, however, appears to have been done by one person, who's thrown a few names and a few slogans on the flag at strange angles (along with a date of 1944) to try to make it look authentic.
I'm not really happy, but thank you very much for the help.

Are there more people who doubt the authenticity?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really happy, but thank you very much for the help.

Are there more people who doubt the authenticity?

The flags are usually done in landscape orientation, not portrait orientation. I don't think we have ever seen one that displays such left-right symmetry....or really any asymmetry at all. This thing looks like one guy with OCD did it, not a group of people who had all been drinking. It looks horribly fake even at a casual glance.

Back
Top Bottom